Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown West) Sofitel New York

komalle23
By komalle23,
in

Im looking at booking a hotel 4.5 or 5 star in ME, MW MC CPS TS or any area that you can recommend as its my first time. i want a relativly nice hotel, wouldnt be adversed to being close to good restaurants and bars for night (not to far) trip advisor was offering husdon and empire hotels as options but didnt really like them. Im pretty much a total newbie at all this secret bidding so in desperate need for help!

i have been looking on HOTWIRE for weeks and started using PRICELINE last night but strategy didn't work, i can do it again now but have no idea how to get the best deal!!

Would love some help, flights are booked so i need to book tonight or tomorrow.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What star rating, zone(s), and bid amounts did you make last nite?

What is your maximum budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My last bids today was ME MW TS CPS 4.5 & 5 stars and i went up to 195euro a night and it wasn't accepted. I don't want to really go higher than 1200euro all in.

Please post to the board in US dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to future currency fluctuations.

It appears your current bids have been ~$269/nite and i'm guessing you're within $20/nite of a win... would you like to bid a little higher OR is a 4.5/5 star a must, as there are some nice 4 star hotels too...

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone which i'm assuming to be the Affinia Dumont for $245/nite, but even if i should be wrong, the hotel offered has a very impressive 4.5/5.0 TA rating. This is not in one of the zones you're currently bidding, but the ESB zone is generally considered to be well located for the average visitor.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would go for a really good 4 star but I suppose with bidding ill never really be sure of what I get.

If I continue bidding today on 4.5 and above and goa little higher,should I follow a strategy?

At the moment I start with one area I like at 5 star and then each re bid I add new areas and then down to 4.5 at the end

I would go for a really good 4 star but I suppose with bidding ill never really be sure of what I get.

Which is why above i suggested the 4* thru HOTWIRE... the hotel shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so even if i'm wrong in my guess, you are assured of a 'good' property (based upon previous user reviews)

If I continue bidding today on 4.5 and above and goa little higher,should I follow a strategy?

At the moment I start with one area I like at 5 star and then each re bid I add new areas and then down to 4.5 at the end

At the 5* level which zones are acceptable and what would be your new maximum bid? At the 4.5* level which zones would be acceptable and what would be your maximum bid? (if different than the 5* maximum bid and zones)

Let us know this information and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you purchase a hotel use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the bottom right corner of this page and the entire thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary).

Not sure how you go from needing a 4.5/5 star hotel to being willing to accept a 3.5* property (as that's a pretty significant drop in star rating), but if you're now considering HOTWIRE, why not the 4* ESB property i referenced above?

If that 4.5 is the hotel you guessed didn't seem like much of a saving in compassion to price on Hotels.com

What 4.5* hotel are you referring to... do you mean the 4 star hotel on HOTWIRE (that has a 4.5/5.0 TA user review rating)?? If so, the HOTWIRE rate is $246/nite and Hotels.com is currently showing $335/nite for almost $100/nite savings (which isn't too bad for a hotel that you know is 'good' and well reviewed)

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed, and if bidding on PRICELINE, please confirm which zone(s) you're willing to accept at each star level as well as your budget, in US dollars, at each star level.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your arrival tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]