Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown - City Center) Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

Mel44
By Mel44,
in

Hi! Can you he identify what the 5 star hotel in Montreal might be (found when following the Bidding.Helper link) thanks!

Travel dates May 24-31, 2014

USD

per room per night*

Downtown Montreal

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Business Center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks! If it is the Sofitel the Hot.wire rate is about $30 less per night than the lowest rate on the Sofitel website for that week. I like the excitement of bidding more so I think I am going to wait and try Price.line. I will be sure to post updates once I start bidding. Thanks a bunch!

Ok! My mom's passport has arrived :) so I am ready to proceed with bidding! Any other advice to offer? Here are my details:

I would like to stay at about a $150 a night after taxes and fees which looks to be a bid of about $125 per night. (If I can get a 5 star or 4.5 star I would be willing to increase my bid about $15-$20 per night).

My stay is May 24-May 31, two rooms.

I would like to be either Downtown or Old Montreal/Convention Center/Latin Quarter .

I would like the best star rating possible and I would not go lower than 3.5 stars.

Is there hope for me?

The highest star rating currently offered in Midtown is 3.5*, so that won't be an option in your bidding if you're looking for something 4 star and higher.

When bidding 5* and 4.5* in Montreal you have SEVEN re-bid zones... there are SIX re-bid zones at the 4*. I don't think your budget will be enough for a 4.5* or 5* hotel but if you want to give that a try first you can bid as follows:

Select 5* Downtown...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Convention Center...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected you can close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try the same at the 4.5* level. If that is rejected, once again close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE and re-try....

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Convention Center...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

If the above is rejected there is a 4* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $123/nite that you can take (Indoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet in room, Business Center, Fitness Center)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow. That's an amazing detailed plan. Thanks! I will consider the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal but I would like to avoid the Hotel 10 which is a 4 star I believe downtown. It has poor reviews on Price.line from people who don't believe it's 4 star quality. I will contemplate raising my budget. I'm hoping that the fact I want two rooms will help me...I will let you know my results later. Thanks so much!

I'm seeing one noticeably negative review on tripadvisor recently for the 10, but overall review rating is 4/5. You're going to find at least a few negative reviews on most city hotels - people may not have their expectations met at high prices, but may feel differently with discounts/substantial discounts.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I will consider the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal but I would like to avoid the Hotel 10...

The Hotel 10 was previously reported to the board, and still appears to be in the 'Convention Center - Old Montreal - Latin Quarter' zone... if you're including this zone when bidding 4* on PRICELINE how do you intend to avoid it?

The PRICELINE EXPRESS property i'm seeing for $123/nite is in the 'Downtown-City Center' zone so you could avoid the Hotel 10 by taking this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer OR only bid the Downtown zone at the 4* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After exhaustive bidding I did go with the Express Deal! I was able to use a 5% off coupon code so it was actually less than $123 per night, and since it included free wifi I figured that it was a good deal over bidding for slightly less but possibly getting stuck paying for internet. Thanks for all the help!

Marriott Chateau Champlain 4 stars

5/24-5/31

$123/night

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this one worked out well for you and that you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]