Priceline Hotel: San Diego - Coronado Question (Loews-specific)

Tim in Hollywood
By Tim in Hollywood,
in

I think I have the bidding, re-bidding down.  Unfortunately, I'll have to bid a bit lower than normal, since there are $53/night in fees ($28 parking + $25 resort).  If this is incorrect, please let me know.

I have another question that I hope you can provide some advice.

All Loews hotels have a "All children under 18 years stay free of charge when using existing beds" policy.

Priceline provides for double-occupancy.

If we take our two pre-school age kids, are we likely to run into any difficulty from the hotel (either at check-in or during our stay)?

Thanks,

Tim

There is another 4* property in this zone, so if you bid at the 4* level, there is no guarantee that you will get the Loews.

In terms of four people, it really depends on the hotel and whether a room with two beds is a paid upgrade (it doesn't appear to be at the Loews), as well as other factors. I don't think you'll have an issue in terms of having four people with Price.line only guaranteeing double occupancy, BUT I would call the hotel if you need to try to get a room with two beds. Price.line booking for a party of four is done all of the time, but there are instances where a group of four may wind up with one bed (depending on the hotel, availability and other factors.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

"All children under 18 years stay free of charge when using existing beds" policy.

What if you're assigned a room with only one bed... then there would be no 'existing bedding' for your kids to sleep in. (and what if the hotel doesn't have any rooms with two beds available, or is unwilling to change your room from the type assigned)

As AaronJB points out above the ultimate decision will be with the hotel, but if they assign you a room with only one bed, they would be within their rights and within the terms of their agreement with both you and PRICELINE.

What are the dates of your stay? Have you tried searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children to see if what you think may be the Loews is offered near/within your budget?

Also, what is your budget for this stay, as $53/nite seems very low for a 4* hotel in this zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies.   I appreciate it.

I think the $53 mentioned in my original post may have been misinterpreted.  What I meant was that any bid I make will effectively have $53 added to it.  I've seen reports of wins in this zone (Loews, in particular) for around $100.  That would be great.  However, when an additional $53 + plus probably $10 in tax is added by the hotel PER DAY (for parking and resort fees), it makes the "deal" much less appealing.

Will definitely use the links next time I make Price.Line or Hot.Wire bid...though likely somewhere without the potential of being gouged for an additional $60+ per night.

Thanks again!

...though likely somewhere without the potential of being gouged for an additional $60+ per night.

Just to clarify... this has nothing to do with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE and is specific to this property (and likely most others in the area, as i suspect higher rated hotels here charge both parking and resort fees).

The Resort and Parking fees are the same as are charged to any other guest, regardless of how they booked... so as an example, if you're able to get a $200/nite hotel for $100/nite, it is still a great deal (since even those paying $200/nite will be paying the same parking/resort fees). The all-in price may be more than you ultimately want to pay, but resort and/or parking fees are becoming more and more prevalent in hotels with a resort-like atmosphere (and even at some that don't)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]