Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD South) Holiday Inn Chicago OHare Area

Telly33
By Telly33,
in

Hi,

My wife and I are travelling to Cancun and will have an overnight layover in Chicago.  I'm looking for some advice/strategy for an ORD hotel room for one night.  The date we will need the room will be Thurs. May 15th.  

The only real pre-requisites I'm looking for in the hotel are a free shuttle to the airport (I think most do) and I would also prefer a hotel bar/lounge as we won't have a rental car and it would be nice to have the option to not leave the hotel if we don't want to (although we may still cab it somewhere).  ORD North or South zones doesn't matter.

Above and beyond that we don't neccessarily need anything special and I'd like to keep the cost down as it will just be a place to hang our hats for one night until we can catch our flight in the morning.  Although like everyone, if we could find a steal on nice place that would be fantastic as well.  Just a quick search yielded that I could get the Quality Inn O'Hare for $80 so I'd certainly like to spend less than that if possible on at least a comparable hotel or better.

Anyway, just wondering if there are any special tips/tricks I should consider for ORD airport hotels.  I would guess I might be able to get lucky with something nice being it's just a single non-weekend night that hotels might be looking to fill, but who knows.

Thanks for any advice.

While most O'Hare properties likely offer a shuttle, it's not a requirement of a hotel in this zone to offer one, so if you bid on PRICELINE there is a possibility that you receive a hotel that does not offer shuttle service... is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, you could use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE and purchase a hotel that shows an Airport Shuttle amenity. Pl express currently has a 3* hotel in the ORD North zone for $68/nite with:

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

... and although not much cheaper than the Quality Inn you reference, this one has decent reviews with an 8.0/10.0 user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests, whereas the Quality Inn has somewhat poor reviews.

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare (ORD North) or the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare (ORD South) for $65/each.

Let know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link should you decide to go that route)

PS- please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this this stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.  I ended up trying some stuff before you posted.  Tried several different combinations of prices, star levels, and rebid zones before basically opting to just pull the trigger on the $56(+$16) Holiday Inn O'Hare that someone else got a few weeks ago, which was accepted.

Pretty decent deal I guess.  Not the sale of the century or anything, but about $50 off their published rate and certainly a better hotel and price than the Quality Inn at $80(+$?) or any of the other published rates in the area.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]