Hotwire Hotel: 3* Tacoma (Auburn - Federal Way) Best Western Plus Evergreen Inn and Suites

Keeler
By Keeler,
in

My wife and I plan to arrive in Seattle late on July 14 / early July 15. We plan on a driving tour of the Great Northwest and will return to Seattle on July 23. We're looking for SEATAC area rooms those two nights. Since Priceline and Hotwire weren't even around the last time I was in Seattle, I'd like to know if there's a traditional pattern for rooms in July. I realize this is peak travel season up there and am inclined to believe that hotels and / or Priceline won't back off their prices much, if any at all. Is this a reasonable expectation?

Also, is bidding this far out a typical move? I already have a back up cancellable room.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

We'll use this thread for the 14th/15th stay; please start a new thread for the 23rd and we would be happy to look into that date, as well.

This isn't too early as hotels go to start researching and looking to lock something in, especially if this is a busy period in the area.

One issue becomes the potential of coming in early (just after midnight?) on the 15th. I'd definitely let the hotel know that you will not be in until after midnight after booking.

What would be your desired budget for the night of the 14th?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked with Priceline on what date to enter as a check in and they said even though we won't check in until the 15th, I should still bid on a 7/14 check in. And I should definitely call the hotel. I'll do that several times.

As far as a budget, since its a very late check in and an early check out, I'm not looking for much as are most overnight airport hotel guests. HOWEVER, there is the issue of my wife. If it were just me, no problem, as long as there's no bedbugs and / or toe fungus potential. I can do without cinder block walls as well.

I was hoping to keep the bottom line price in the $65-$75 range. I've been bidding $50 with a $65 bottom line but to no avail. I've notice winning bids on the same area hotels in that range but I haven't had any luck . . . yet. I assume it's because most of these bids are off season and we're looking at peak.

Thanks for any help and this site is outstanding. It's loaded with great info.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the compliments on the site and glad to hear you're finding the information here helpful. :)

I am seeing what i am guessing to be the Royal Coachman Inn and Suites for $58/nite, but not sure if this will meet your wife's (and your) needs, but if interested let us know and we'll advise further. Otherwise i think you're current looking at a bid price in the $75-$95 to be successful for a 3* or better.

You do have some time to see if rates drop a little, but based upon current rates the above is the pricing i think you're currently facing.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got a room for July 14, 2014 at the Best Western Evergreen in Federal Way, Washington for $57.00 + fees to bring it to $71.00 using the link. Oddly, the price seems to vary a buck or two every time I go to a link. It's been as high as $60 and as low as $56. Hotwire has it user reviewed as a 3 and Trip Advisor as a 3.5. It seems to have ample amenities but it had the big two for me which were a shuttle and a hot breakfast. Not much is needed when checking in at 12:30 a.m. on the 15th. The front desk clerk was very polite when I called and advised them of the late check in. Also, Enterprise will drop off a car there so I don't need to wait at the airport rental counter and I don't need a cab to get to Enterprise the next morning.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear this property works well for your needs and that you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]