Hotwire Hotel: Boston

kendyllm
By kendyllm,
in

Hello,

We are visiting Boston with a family of 4 and are looking to go to a Red Sox game. We are a family of four, two adults and two kids and are wanting three to four stars hotel. We are not sure on what area to try. Any suggestions on a safe area with nice family friendly hotels and easy access to public transportation. We are looking to spend no more than $200 a night. We will be in Boston on 6/16 - 6/19.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to take, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we will take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Start by searching HOTWIRE (use the QUICK QUOTE box or our BiddingHelper.com at the top of the page) and include the correct number of adults/children... does anything appear within your desired star rating and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

kendyllm,

My suggestion for you would be to start with the Copley Square/Back Bay area. Lots of hotels to choose from, should be no problem getting something under $200 in a 3.4 or 4 star (depending on the weekend). Anywhere in this area will be a short walk to Fenway Park. A little further away from Fenway is the Boston Common/Theatre District, and the Downtown/Faneuil Hall area. Both are also good areas to stay in (walkable to a lot of shopping/touristy areas), and a short "T" ride to Fenway. Boston is an easy city to get around, either by foot or by public transportation.

If the Red Sox is your focus of the trip I'd pick the Back Bay area and then take transportation to go to other parts of the city.

Good luck with your search.

I agree with the recommendation of Back Bay/Copley as a first choice. I live in Connecticut and visit Boston quite often, and also go to quite a few Red Sox games (in fact we're coming up over Memorial Day weekend for a Sox game.)

The Copley area is very accessible to public transportation and if you want to walk as well to Fenway it is doable.

Hotels on Better Bidding's Hotwire list I have stayed at in Copley/Back Bay and have liked:

Hilton Boston Back Bay

Sheraton Boston

Westin Copley Place

Boston Common/Theater District:

I've stayed many times (conventions, plus my wedding reception there eons ago) at the Park Plaza Hotel, 3.5* on Hotwire. It's very close to public transportation (Arlington stop) and near the very pretty Public Garden/Boston Common. Rooms vary though because it is an older historic hotel. It has some quirks.

The Park Plaza has the same 3.5* rating as the Doubletree Downtown which I have also stayed at. I do NOT recommend the Doubletree. The area is a bit sketchy and sirens from ambulances going into the hospital across the street can be loud.

Other Hotwire zones (i.e. Fanueil Hall/Waterfront-North End) are further away but doable by public transportation.

I've stayed at 4* Omni Parker House, small rooms, older hotel, not my favorite place. Stay there only if you get a GREAT deal.

The worst hidden charge for all Boston hotels is parking fees. They can be very high.

I agree with the above advice, except I think you actually will have trouble getting in under $200 for that weekend. Since you have quad occupancy Priceline is out :-(

One thing to keep in mind: if you can id the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, that would also be okay for Fenway. It's about a mile and a half, just a bit further from Fenway than Copley Sq., and that walk is very pleasant. But other Cambridge hotels would be considerably further.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]