Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Michelangelo Hotel

RVD26
By RVD26,
in

Need bidding help for a stay in NYC from 8/8/14 to 8/12/14.

Areas I would consider are:  Times Square, Midtown West, Midtown East, Madison Square Garden (not sure I would want to stay in the Out Hotel however, as I have a young child).

Looking to spend around $150/night (or cheaper) and 4-star, if possible.

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone that you include in your bidding... should we include the MSG zone in a bidding strategy or not?

Also, how many total adults/children for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Please confirm if you'd like to move forward bidding on PRICELINE or if you want to look at HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You may want to confirm the full details and amenities of the PRICELINE EXPRESS property you're currently being offered as the one i'm seeing when searching for your dates doesn't seem to be the Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center (if this is the Club Quarters you're referring to).

My only needs is that the location be within walking distance of all the tourist spots in Manhattan and have a decent room view.

Don't want to be staring at a brick wall when I look out the window.

$165/night would be perfect for my budget.  Looking to spend $200 or less a night.

3.5 star would be the minimum.

Looking at some of the pictures and reviews, I'm not so sure about this other Club Quarters in Midtown.

Anyone have any personal experience with it?

My only needs is that the location be within walking distance of all the tourist spots in Manhattan and have a decent room view.

There is no one location that is walkable to all the tourist spots in NYC... for example, the New York Stock Exchange and Times Square, two tourist destinations, are 4 miles apart. Your goal shouldn't be something that is walkable to all locations, but rather a hotel that has good subway access so that you can easily get to most locations, as the subway will often be your quickest, and most inexpensive, way to travel from one spot to the next.

In most situations PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are for 'standard' rooms... rooms with a view are often considered an upgrade at most hotels and cost extra. You may be able to get an upgrade, either complimentary just by asking, or it may come at an additional cost, but there is no way to guarantee a room with a view before your purchase (as the hotel may not be willing, or able, to upgrade your room, even for an additional fee)

In light of the above let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Okay, I would prefer to stay in either of the sections listed in my OP:  Times Square, Midtown West, Midtown East.

Looking to spend $200/night at the very max.

3.5 star or better.

Other than that, no real need.  View or no view is fine.

Quick subway access is not needed.

One more question...

I think you may be able to get a 4* hotel in one of these zones within your $200/nite budget... do you want to first try for a 4* hotel up to your budget OR do you prefer to try for a lesser priced 3.5 star?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

When bidding 3.5* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW...

Select 3.5* MTE...

Select 3.5* TS and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS and MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS, MTW, MTE...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145

If the above is rejected i see three possible options:

1) PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the CPS zone (Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)... i'm not sure which hotel this one may be, but note that the Hudson Hotel, which has notoriously small rooms, would be a possible outcome

2) HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Times Square zone for $145/nite (Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible)... best guess The Row NYC

3) HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the Times Square zone for $145/nite (Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower)... best guess the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I used a similar way (closing browser and clicking on provided links) of bidding and they were all rejected.

Not willing to get a very small room, so the Hudson is out.

The Row looks okay, but the Manhattan seems to have terrible recent reviews.

At this point, I might have to look at the 4 star properties with $200/night as my max budget.

BTW, I am not seeing the 4-star for $145/night on Hot.wire in Times Square

There is a 4-star in TS for $134/night with the following amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

65% recommended

Any guesses?

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

I think this seems like a very nice deal for this well-reviewed property.

Also, from the hotel website: "BREAKFAST

From 7am to 9am Monday - Friday, and from 8am to 10am Saturday and Sunday, complimentary Buondì Caffè is served in the Tuscan Room - fresh-brewed coffee and pastries in the finest Italian tradition."

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]