Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Back Bay - Copley Square) Westin Copley Place

sbergwil
By sbergwil,
in

We're planning to be in Boston from June 15-19.  As we are flexible on location, I tried 5* and added regions, then added 4.5* with same regions, and then 4* with same regions.  I bid $90 and then $92 with no success.  Is my bid too low or are my number of days too many for a successful bid?  To maximize my number of tries, what is the best order - adding regions or changing stars first?  Thanks for your help! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Which zone(s) are acceptable and have you included in your bidding already? Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for an acceptable 4* hotel in one of these areas?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No luck on the following plan several times this week:

5* (bids between $90-100 as I added zones on re-bids)

Copley Square

Beacon Hill

Downtown Boston-Harbor Front

Cambridge-Harvard-MIT

added 4.5 * with same zones

added 4 * with same zones

I would consider more zones but would like to be on convenient public transport.  Some of the zones look like they could have places that are enough off the public transit system to make them inconvenient.  Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

I'll also add that with best retail rate for a 4* hotel at $243/nite it makes your $100 bid less than half of prevailing rates which does not give you a very high probability of success.

For a city of its size, Boston does not have a lot of hotel rooms and even a small/moderate events can have a sharp spike in hotel prices.

Do you want to increase your budget, lower your star rating, or wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead (with the risk that they could move higher as well)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK - Thanks to those of you who have responded.  I'd like to keep the price to $125 (+tax).  I suppose I'll have to add some less desirable areas or add another * level.  I did try a similar bidding situation as my original yesterday going to $125 and 3.5* with no success. 

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Just start a new topic if you need any help with the second leg of your stay.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]