Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Westminster) Park Plaza Riverbank London

TigerLilly
By TigerLilly,
in

I'm looking for a 5* hotel in the Kensington/Earl's Court or Chelsea/Knightsbridge area for June 25 - July 1. I already have all the rebidding zones and just tried a round of bidding (using the Priceline link here of course). I started at  $145 and stopped at $170, all of which were rejected. I thought it was better to start lower since I have a bit of time before the trip. I was wondering if this is really low for a 5* in these areas? Should I be starting much higher? From what I was seeing it looked like people were getting 5*'s from anywhere from $140 - $350. My max budget is $320/night but of course I'd like something lower if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rates are date specific and at the moment rates are high for a 5* hotel in either of these two zones for your dates. Currently i think you're likely looking closer to the upper end of your rage of $300/nite (or more) as opposed to the under $200 area... a 4* could likely be had near the $200 mark.

Let us know if any other zones are acceptable and your current maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Huntsville Canada if you recall what you decided to do for that trip. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't end up going on the Huntsville trip which is why I didn't update it. Sorry about that.

I guess I'll try for a few more days for the 5* and see if I can get anything around the upper area. If not, then I'll move back down to the 4*. Is there a big difference between 4* and 5* hotels in London?

I didn't end up going on the Huntsville trip which is why I didn't update it.

Nobody reading your previous thread will know to look here to learn that you cancelled the trip, please 'close' that thread by adding a reply with your decision.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

..... Is there a big difference between 4* and 5* hotels in London?

If you haven't found it yet, Hotel Lists contains all the hotels members have gotten through Priceline and Hotwire and reported here.  

You can go to Hotel Lists either from the link up in the header, or the area specific ones at the bottom of this page.

I think the London 5*s are definitely "poshier" than the 4*s, but I'm also thinking you might want to look at the hotels yourself, and note the differences important to you.  

You might enjoy the Hotel Reviews section clear at the end of this site.  If you try it, go in via the alphabetic link at the top - "E" for England.  (I usually try "O" for Other Countries, "G" for Great Britain, "L" for London, and "U" for United Kingdom before I get it right.   ;) )

The hotel reviews here have a slightly different perspective than those in www.tripadvisor.com, with which you probably are already familiar.

Romelle

Ok. I closed that thread saying I didn't end up booking anything.

Today I tried again for a 5* and went up to $225 CAD/night but was rejected again for all of them. I thought I would be based on what everyone said here but I thought I'd check anyway on the offchance I'm able to get something. I'll try again tomorrow starting at $250 CAD/night and see if I get anything there. I'll let you guys know what happens then.

Please post your bid prices in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is Kensington-Earls Court and Chelsea-Knightbridge the only two zones you're willing to accept?

What is your maximum bid at the 4* level?

Let us know the above and we will be in a better position to suggest a starting point and bidding strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Is Kensington-Earls Court and Chelsea-Knightbridge the only two zones you're willing to accept?

What is your maximum bid at the 4* level?

Let us know the above and we will be in a better position to suggest a starting point and bidding strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I bid for 4* hotels up to $180 and stopped after that. Some 4* hotels in Hotwire were going for around $200 so I just got one from there because then at least I could pick my area. I ended up getting the Park Plaza Riverbank London in Westminster for $195/night. It looks like a nice hotel so I'm happy with that. It's a bit outside the area I wanted but it was the cheapest one.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]