Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* London (Notting Hill - Bayswater) Shaftsbury Hyde Park

jeffsbaker
By jeffsbaker,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Hi yellowdog,

Sorry, I would have replied sooner.  But I thought I would get an email notification.

Now, when I do the search it is a much higher price.  $142.  Is it because I am doing the search on a Saturday? I was really hoping to find something right around $100.  The Condo is the one that says 75% Recommended.  To find it on Hotwire, I click on the "Notting Hill - Bayswater - Padding Station area" and sort by Price (low to high).

If I change the dates to May 13 to May 18 then a 2.5 star hotel with a 30% recommendation shows up for $113.  

Free Breakfast

Business Center
  Self service laundry
  Internet access

Thanks,

Jeff

If I change the dates to May 13 to May 18 then a 2.5 star hotel with a 30% recommendation shows up for $113.

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for?

I need help identifying this hotel: Priceline Express 2* Hotel

Looks like it's gone. I only see a 3* and 4* when searching for your dates.

I do see the condo now. A guess would be Hyde Park Suites but I'm not sure.

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I ended up getting a Hotel through Hotwire.com in the Notting Hill - Bayswater - Paddington Station area.  

Hotwire said 3.5* and 65% Recommended. $120/night

With Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Self service laundry

It ended up being Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.  Which is what I expected! Everywhere else this Hotel was $175/night.

I tried NYOP 4* Hotel on Priceline in the Notting Hill area fpr $120. But it did not accept the bid.

I was afraid to try a 3* Hotel bid on Priceline or Hotwire because of the following:

The Ventures Hotel

1.5* TripAdvisor.com
3* Hotwire.com (Admits it is 1.5* when you click on it and see the TripAdvisor rating)
3* Priceline.com

Pembridge Palace
2.5* TripAdvisor (Bed bugs!)
3* Priceline.com

Normandie Hotel
2* TripAdvisor.com (Bed Bugs!)
3* Priceline.com

I'm sure if I bid on a 3* hotel then I would have ended up with one of the above hotels which are really 2 star hotels according to TripAdvisor.  As it is the hotel I got, the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International is a 4* Hotel on TripAdvisor even though Hotwire listed it as only 3.5*.  So it is a good deal!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for reporting this new star rating and combo to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Do you also see Hi-Speed Internet among your amenities? This is different to the Free Internet amenity. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

I'm sure if I bid on a 3* hotel then I would have ended up with one of the above hotels which are really 2 star hotels according to TripAdvisor.

The 2* and 2.5*rating on TA you're referring to is the collected result of the customer reviews and not the star rating for the hotels. The ratings for the hotels can be found under the hotel name in the upper left corner.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

Here are the amenities that are listed for the hotel under my reservation:

Amenities

Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

Thanks for the info on the * rating for TripAdvisor.  Certainly a Hotel like the Ventures Hotel should be lowered to a 2 star hotel when it has so many bad reviews.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]