Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) + Haifa, Israel Trip - November / December 2014

cynthreab
By cynthreab,
in

We're planning a trip to Italy and then going to Pilgrimage to Haifa.  Dates look like 11/15-12/03/2014.  We're leaving and returning from Seattle.

I started out with Hotwire and Priceline links, but since these require payment at the time of booking, didn't use them.  So went to booking.com.  Succeeded in booking hotels for all destinations.  In Rome, we're going to B&B 5 (rated 9.5/10), for $171 from 11/16-18.  Includes continental breakfast.  In Florence, thus far, we're going to Hotel Masaccio (rated 6.8/10, but only 59% on TripAdvisor), for $144 from 11/18-20.  Breakfast is available for $7/person. In Venice, we're going to Ca' Arco Antico (rated 8.3/10, 91% on TripAdvisor), for $175 from 11/20-22.  Includes continental breakfast.  Apparently haven't booked anything for Milan yet; interestingly, rates seem to be higher than the other three Italian cities.  In Haifa, we're going to Maris Hotel (rated 8.5/10, but 90% on TripAdvisor), for $764 from 11/23-12/03.  No breakfast.

We are open to other suggestions, but think B&B 5 in Rome is ideal, especially since it's near many of the places we plan to go.  But we're really wondering what to budget for airfare - and when we should book.  I was wondering if it made sense to fly to London and then book to Rome (thereby adding another leg to the trip), but it doesn't really seem to help airfare too much (at least when I did it in February).

Sightseeing suggestions and restaurants would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]