Priceline Hotel: Help with Bidding on 5 Star North River Chicago

Cbeat0428
By Cbeat0428,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As you can't target, or avoid, any hotel in the zone, are you willing to stay in any 5* hotel in the zone?

If so, so we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, let us know your maximum bid for this nite and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you don't want to stay at the Langham again, I'd rather suggest going with HOTWIRE, where you can look for a 5* in the Mag Mile North-Water Tower area rather than looking for a 5* in the Mag Mile-RN area where the Langham is. HOTWIRE is going to be mildly more than PRICELINE, but that's how you'd avoid potentially getting the Langham.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing a 5* in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area on HOTWIRE for $231 for 4/24 (the price you see may vary slightly) w/Free Internet,Pet friendly,Smoke Free Rooms,Fitness Center,Pool(s),Restaurant(s),Business Center,Internet access,Tennis Nearby,Spa Services

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but the Waldorf, Ritz, Park Hyatt, Peninsula and Four Seasons are possibilities. I'd guess the Peninsula is probably the least likely possibility and the Park Hyatt, Ritz and Four Seasons are the most likely out of that bunch, but any of those five would be possibilities.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If any 5* will do (even the Langham) i would bid on PRICELINE as follows:

When bidding 5* in Chicago you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* NMA...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone7...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone8...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone9...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* NMA and re-bid zone10...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone7...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone8...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone9...

Bid $250

If the above is rejected, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 5* hotel in this zone with:

Free Internet in public areas

Indoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

... the rate is $279/nite, but using the discount link and code i my signature (expires tonite) will bring this down to $251 (my guess for this one would be the Park Hyatt)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to your date/s - it all comes down to hotel traffic and decisions on how to price/offer discounted inventory. I will note that in the last few years there has been less in the way of "last minute" price drops as traffic/demand has gone up. So, there is no way to know, but there is the risk that rates could also head in the wrong direction and move higher if you wait until last minute.

Usually, this would start to be a busier period for Chicago as we move into Spring, although the weather still feels like early March instead of early April - hopefully it'll be warmer by month's end.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in my signature expires tonite, and this gets you the 5* hotel you are seeking within your stated budget.

I would bid today, and if rejected, take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer. With the strategy posted you know that you won't be overpaying for the hotel, and while rates could always go down, they could also go up and/or a hotel available today could disappear entirely (and leave no 5* hotels left within your budget).

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com the least expensive 5* hotel for your dates starts at almost $400/nite, so i'd focus on the $150 savings and not trying to save another $10 at the risk of losing the deal. ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]