Priceline Hotel: Help finding a 4* in River North Area

fivehorizons
By fivehorizons,
in

I'm new to both Price.line and Hot.wire, but I would really like to find a good deal for a family weekend vacation.  We would like to be in an area near all the downtown tourist attractions and also near public transportation.  I would like to be around $100/night, but it seems like this time period is quite expensive.  Can someone help me with where I should begin?  Priceline or Hotwire? Like I said, I'm a newb.

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

An issue with Price.line is that it only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy. If you are a party of more than 2, there is a chance the hotel may only be able to offer one bed.You can definitely ask at check-in and the hotel may have no problem or may charge an upgrade fee.  Hot.wire, where you can indicate the amount of people in the party and get some form of bedding for the amount of people indicated (2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway)  is a better choice.

In terms of Hot.wire, you are looking at likely around $150-155 in the Loop and $160+ in the area North of the River.  If you are willing to take the risk of having to negotiate bedding/room assignment with the hotel, Price.line will likely require $120-135 for a 4* in the River North area, although you can start a bit lower.

If you are driving, there are some very nice, family-friendly areas to the North of the city I often recommend. In that case, you'd probably be looking at around $45-65 (depending on Price.line or Hot.wire) for a 3.5/4*, but the issue becomes driving a short distance to a train and then taking the train in (about 40 min each way, but the Metra trains are much more comfortable than the CTA trains.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the information.  My daughter is only 1 year old, so we will have a pack and play for her, so 1 bed is not an issue.  We prefer to park the car and leave it, so we would need to be within walking distance of downtown/transportation. 

If I choose Price.line, are there any 4* hotels in that area that I would absolutely want to avoid?

I'll leave it to AaronJB to comment on specific hotels, but you can start by reviewing the Priceline Hotel List which has all hotels previously reported to the board, and determine if all of them within a given star level and zone are acceptable (keep in mind the comments at the top of the hotel list that it's always possible you receive something not yet reported or at a different star level than previously reported)

Are you willing to increase your budget beyond the original $100 target? (given that does not seem realistic for a downtown hotel at this point in time)

Also, if you haven't yet, please read your messages before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]