Priceline Hotel: What are the two 5* hotels in Orlando on Priceline?

Frederml
By Frederml,
in

In looking at Priceline's name your own price hotels in Orlando, there appear to be two 5 star hotels (one in Disney Downtown - Lake Buena Vista and one in Int'l Drive - Sea World). 

I didn't see any 5 star hotels on the betterbidding list of hotels, but I did see Waldorf Astoria and Ritz Carlton on the Priceline web site's "list view".  They seem to match up with the areas.  Is it safe to assume that these are the same hotels under name your own price?

Thanks...

....I did see Waldorf Astoria and Ritz Carlton on the Priceline web site's "list view".  They seem to match up with the areas.  Is it safe to assume that these are the same hotels under name your own price?

IMO - nope, never safe to make that assumption.  The probability is decent, but not 100%.  Hotels on the retail side (list view) and the bidding side aren't necessarily the same.

I'm a member, not a board official, but have used PL for a long time.  I've several times gotten entirely new hotels via bidding that hadn't been reported yet, and weren't showing up on the retail side.  

Romelle

We live 2 hours from Orlando and can pretty much go any weekend on short notice. I was tentatively looking at 5/3-5/4 or 5/10-5/11.

Our budget was going to be less than $150. We have been lucky booking hotwire and priceline hotels in Orlando for well under $150 (Omni, Gaylord Palms, Hilton, Hyatt, Renaissance, etc.), but they were 4, or maybe 4.5 star hotels. I didn't recall seeing 5* hotels there before. So, I am naturally curious!

I hope you successfully bid for a 5* hotel and then post it.  Maybe even for a couple different weekends, getting different hotels.  Then the next person to come along will have the benefit of your experience and knowledge.

I always enjoy being the one to add a new hotel to the lists.  Looks like you could have that opportunity too.

Romelle

Our budget was going to be less than $150.

At current rates i think you're likely looking closer to $200-$250 (and more likely near the upper end of this range) for a 5* hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated as to whether you decide to travel for these dates or not or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On 5/10-5/11, there are two PRICELINE EXPRESS deals...

Sorry, i my first read-thru of your post i only saw the first set of dates, perhaps you have a chance for the second set of dates, although another $10-$20 would likely increase your chances.

If you want to try bidding, you do have 18 re-bid zones when bidding 5* in the Orlando region. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Lake Buena Vista...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...

I've been asked by the moderator to post an update to this post from April 2014, before I can get help on a new post. As I stated in the post from 2014, I will post if we end up bidding... and winning... We did NOT end up getting an accepted bid. Hope that closes the thread. Thanks.

Thank you for closing the thread.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]