Priceline Hotel: Downtown Denver Transportation

airn10
By airn10,
in

I am looking at flying Denver and stay Downtown during the Auto Show. It seems like the Downtown hotel prices have tripled in price because of the event. I see several good deals on hotels outside of downtown. Does anyone have any advice for the best areas to stay in regards to traveling to and from downtown? I saw maybe a free subway??? that runs downtown, I just don't know what areas are close enough to this train. Thanks in advance. Also, I will be without a car, so any other advice would be appreciated as well.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Priceline Illinois thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I ended up not going to Peoria. I was going for a Girls Softball Tournament, and our team got upset.

That conversation definitely had some negative vibes going, so I left it alone before it got any worse.

Sorry that I did that and I will try not to do it again.

Thank you

Does anyone have any advice for the best areas to stay in regards to traveling to and from downtown? I saw maybe a free subway??? that runs downtown, I just don't know what areas are close enough to this train.

If you're referring to the People Mover this train only does a loop within the Downtown area and is not really accessible via other zones.

Things may have changed since i lived in Michigan (20+ years ago) but it was not an easy place to travel long distances via mass transit... you may want to consider 'paying up' for a Downtown location or renting a car. Even if there is transit between the town of your hotel and Detroit, how do you ensure that your hotel will be walkable to a bus stop?

What are the dates of your stay, your expected budget, and desired star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't see a People Mover in Denver. Hmm. I will look into that. Thanks

My trip is scheduled from 4/9/14-4/12/14, which is the same time as the Denver Auto Show. My conference is downtown at the Sheraton. I am flying, and will be without a car. The only 3 hotels I saw that were close were the Westin, Four Seasons, and Ritz-Carlton, all for around $400+.

Thanks again for any help.

I didn't see a People Mover in Denver.

My bad... i saw 'Auto Show' and 'Downtown De___' and my mind read 'Detroit'. My post above is in regards to Detroit, not Denver.

You can also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com where you can search hotels near the address of the Sheraton to see hotels that are nearby. The interface makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further than your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the Hotels.com tab at MAPS and HOTELS.com i see the Hotel VQ (confirm your dates at the landing page) for $129/nite which is also refundable up until the day before your arrival. This looks to be ~2 miles away, so if a $10 taxi ride (i'm guessing about that much) it would have you very close to your $150 budget... if this might be acceptable i would at the very least book this as a back-up in case you're not able to 'better' the deal between now and your arrival.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the link above if you go with the Hotels.com offer)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]