booked room for 4 adults in 1 room, but only 1 bed in the room

Carla_boots
By Carla_boots,
in

I know we're being cheapskates by booking 4 adults in just 1 room on Hotwire.

However, I was always under the impression that having "4 adults" in the reservation meant that there would be at least two double beds.

However, during the last two times we booked via Hotwire, we got just ONE bed in the room.   

Last month, it was at a hotel rated 4-star on Hotwire.  Upon check in, the friendly clerk acknowledged that the reservation showed a party of 4, but the only rooms with 1 king beds available.

I contacted Hotwire and was told that it was up to the hotel to resolve the situation.   The room didnt' even have a sofa bed, so two slept on the bed, one slept on the couch, and one slept on the floor.

I figured that it was just an isolated incident.... until last night.... it happened again.   

Checked into the Hyatt(3.5-star) and was informed that only one bed was available.  Calling Hotwire was again no help.... :(

Didn't Hotwire use to have some hotels that gave you the ability to choose 1 or 2 beds at times of Hotwire booking? what happened to those?

Thanks!

Last month, it was at a hotel rated 4-star on Hotwire.

... i assume you're referring to this previous Hotwire Boston trip?

I figured that it was just an isolated incident.... until last night.... it happened again.

What trip was this... the above is the only previous win i see that you have reported to the board.

As per Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

As per above, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner (perhaps another user was visiting the same area on/around the same dates and could have benefited from knowing about your purchase ;) )

Please add the details of your most recent HOTWIRE purchase to the board in a reply to this thread. In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page... then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your situation above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]