Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop - Theater District) Crowne Plaza Metro

Little Roberto
By Little Roberto,
in

Just had really bad luck. We selected 4 star, in the loop-theater district. $169.

Amenities:

golf nearby

Free Internet

pet friendly

Fitness Facility

Business Centre

Restaurant

Blind Accessible

Deaf accessible.

They gave us the Crowne Plaza Metro.

Nearly every site lists it at 3.5 star. (Booking.com lists it as a 3star)

we called customer service, 30 mins of being talked down to.

they said they take the average of Orbitz, Expedia, and Travelocity.

Only orbitz has it as a 4star. but that is good enough for them.

anyways, Hotwire views this property as a 4star.

Sorry to see you're disappointed in the outcome. Hopefully your stay will go better than expected and you'll find this property to be a good value for the price paid.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. In the future feel free to ask the board for help and/or confirm what you think you're seeing and we will try help you obtain a more favorable outcome inline with your expectations.

Please use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also sorry to hear that you are bummed by the result. This property is rather out of the way in the West Loop, but to offer one positive, there are an increasing amount of restaurants in this area, including the incredibly popular Girl and the Goat (run by a former "Top Chef" winner), Karyn's on Green (vegetarian), Au Cheval and more. Legendary breakfast spot Lou Mitchell's (cash only, no cc) is also nearby. So, while the hotel is not particularly convenient to the city as a whole, I will say this area is becoming a hot area for restaurants.

Enjoy your stay.

thanks for the sympathy, and restaurant news.

i feel a little cheated, as most sites have it at 3.5 star, and it is out of the way. Booking.com even lists it as a 3star. only orbitz has it as a 4star, and that is apparently enough for the folks at HOTWIRE.

i went in and grabbed all the amenities.

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Golf Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

one last thing.

their own affiliate, Hotels.com lists the hotel at 3.5

how can that be?

i went in and grabbed all the amenities.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please do the same for your previous Hotwire Istanbul thread... the amenities should still be viewable using the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Star ratings are subjective and every booking service uses their own criteria to rate hotels, so it's not uncommon for two different companies to rate the same hotel differently, even if they have the same parent company.

Feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase, and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your future purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]