Priceline Hotel: Hotel 09/26/14 - 09/28/14

danny80
By danny80,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

You have a significant amount of time between now and your trip. HOWEVER, this is not a slow period of the year for San Francisco; $120 unfortunately is not going to be realistic based upon rates I'm seeing at this point and there is definitely a chance that inventory may not become available at this price point between now and your stay. Based upon what I'm seeing at this point, you're likely looking at more towards the $155-170 range for a 4* and more depending on which zone.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Looking to bid for a hotel for these dates.  I don't really mind which area I stay in.  My budget is $150 and would be looking for a 4* hotel.  The areas I would consider are:

Union Square

Nob Hill

Fishermans Wharf

Japan Town

Civic Centre

Is it likely that I could get a hotel for that.

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

You mention 'Union Square'... are both USE and USW acceptable? If so, at current rates i think you're likely looking at more than $150/nite, probably close to $190-$210/nite.

If you're ready to bid now, please confirm which zone(s) (by PRICELINE name) you're willing to are accept, and confirm your maximum bid (if you want to keep it at $150 or if you're willing to bid higher), and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't really mind where I stay, as happy to use transport to get around.  I would prefer a nicer hotel and have to use public transport.  I have looked at the map and the following areas would be ok:

Civic Center South – Hayes Valley
Financial District – Embarcadero
Fisherman's Wharf
Japan Town - Civic Center North
Marina - Lombard Street
SOMA - Moscone Center
Union Square West
Union Square East - Nob Hill

As I said, happy to use public transport.  

What would you advise.

Thank you.

Civic Center South – Hayes Valley

Financial District – Embarcadero

Fisherman's Wharf

Japan Town - Civic Center North

Marina - Lombard Street

SOMA - Moscone Center

Union Square West

Union Square East - Nob Hill

The crossed out zones above don't offer 4* bidding so we won't include these in a bidding strategy.

Please confirm if you're willing to increase your budget to the $190-$210 area or if you want to stick with $150 at this point in time, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't see any crossed out zones.

Sorry about that... FIXED now.

So to start with the goal of a 4* hotel in either the Financial, Fishermans Wharf, SOMA, USE or USW zones, with a maximum bid of $150, you can try as follows:

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Financial, SOMA, USE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial, USE, USW...

Select 4* FW, SOMA, USE...

Select 4* Financial, FW, SOMA, USE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103 if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial, FW, SOMA, USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103 if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE, USW, Financial, FW...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE, USW, Financial, SOMA...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial, FW, SOMA, USE, USW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3.5* rates that I'm seeing on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE Express for these date/s look similarly expensive to the 4* level and - while you could certainly try lower - I'm guessing it probably would require a bid in the same general neighborhood. There is a 3.5* on PRICELINE express in the Financial District for $194.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, filter to view only 4* and higher hotels... what is the best rate you're able to find for these dates?

What is your maximum bid at this time?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher between now and your trip, but if you haven't yet i would set alerts at our new site RateDrop for the zones you're interested in so that if/when any hotels are less than $200/nite for your dates you'll know about it and be able to purchase. I'd set alerts for PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, as well as any 'Hotels by Name' that you are interested in.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Hi

Please can someone identify this hotel for me.  Dates are 26 September for 2 nights.

Thanks

Hotel - Union Square West - $214 - 85% Recommended 3.5/5 Trip Advisor 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you make a purchase use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page and the entire thread will be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

My guess for the 4* USW HOTWIRE property above would be the Sir Francis Drake.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I have just seen a 3.5* in Fisherman's Wharf with the following amenities on hotwire - 4/5 on tripadvisor for $218

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

There is also a 3.5 star (Fishermans Wharf) on priceline express which states 8 out of 10 but is $206 (plus discount code)

Any ideas which hotel this would be

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]