San Francisco, CA to Las Vegas, NV

ac219
By ac219,
in

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this bidding process for airfares and hotels and I am planning on a trip for two to Las Vegas from June 19 to June 23. I was able to put in my own price for the airfare bidding on Priceline, but what I am unsure is that I placed $80/person and I was able to actually get it for that price, and even a $30/person flight. How do I know which is better to pick. I don't really understand the concept of bidding for your airfares, really. Can someone please explain to me how this process really works. Thank you! Much appreciated!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

What you are likely seeing is the "check-out" process where you are getting all the information down before submitting your bid and seeing if it will be accepted. Until you submit your bid, you do not know if it will be accepted. If it is not accepted, the service will tell you that the bid has failed. $80 is, unfortunately, very likely too low.

What are you finding in terms of regular rate fares, and what would be your desired budget for the flight?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The cheapest airfare I find now is $188 per person on Spirit, but it doesn't include the 1st bag check-in for free ($45, I believe). We are looking for something under $200 preferably for roundtrip including free carry-on or first bag check-in. Thank you for your time!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll continue the discussion for your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

I am trying to bid on SFO to LAS from 7/5 to 7/7.

A few weeks ago flights were relatively cheap, but I had to wait on my boss before I acted.  Now they've skyrocketed, except on Spirit.

Yet when I look at the United seat charts the planes are practically empty.  I cannot understand this.

It leads me to think that a PRICELINE bid would come through, but I'm worried about the whole connection aspect, and time of day.

I dont' want to be connecting from SFO to LAS, and feel with the inventory I won't have to.  But can you ever know?

Right now Spirit is charging $235 w/o a bag.  I can pay 20,000 miles round trip plus $77 on United.

Not sure what to do here.

weinish,

Can you please follow-up your previous Priceline Atlanta hotel thread with the dates of that trip so we can edit the topic title accordingly and enable that win to appear in our Priceline Maps and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. (you should still be able to easily view your dates of travel by looking in your priceline history using the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page)

Then, if you'd like help with the trip above please start a NEW TOPIC and we will assist you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]