Priceline Hotel: 5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Park Hyatt Chicago

briancl
By briancl,
in

Hi, I'm new to the site and looking to find my first deal. I need a 5* hotel for tomorrow night, Friday 1/3-1/4 in the River North, Mag Mile areas. I've stayed at Peninsula, Ritz, Park Hyatt, etc and paid mostly full price, but I'm looking to save a few bucks but maintain that same level of accommodations. I live in Chicago, so parking is not an issue. Free Wifi is not important. I just need a high end hotel with good room service. No other amenities are really important to me.

I did a search on Priceline (using the site's link) and found a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in Chicago North Michigan Ave - River North Area for $214/night. I'm wondering what hotel this is and if I can do better, maybe in the $175 range? I also see good deals on Hotel Tonight for the Ivy or PUBLIC, which are not 5*, but I may be willing to try those for such a low cost if they are still available tomorrow morning when I need to book.

This is the amenities list for the Priceline Express deal at $214/night

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in public areas

Indoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My guess for the 5* PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Park Hyatt. If you would like to try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price, keep in mind that you may receive some other 5* hotel in the zone, not necessarily the same property that is currently offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, and if by bidding on PRICELINE, if you'd like a suggested bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we will advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the fast response! This is a great resource. I think I'd like to try bidding, just to see how it goes. Let's say $185 is my max for 5* in River North. How should I bid? I'm supposed to add other zones if my initial bid is not accepted. I've looked, and I see no other 5* hotels in Chicago at those dates, so I can add any zone to the next bid, correct?

When bidding 5* in Chicago you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* NMA-River North...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...

And what hotel did you receive... was it the Park Hyatt?

Please close your thread(s) with your wins/decisions as you make them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]