Priceline Hotel: Hotel in Union Square, Embarcadero, or Nob Hill?

nelsonrsn
By nelsonrsn,
in

Can anyone be of assistance in finding a hotel (and details) in San Francisco on Hotwire?

Not sure if I should bid on a hotel or take a deal in my pricing range.

Here's are my details:

Dates: Arrive 1/2/2014 - Depart 1/5/2014

Any where nice for my wife and I (no kids) and that is close to theatres, shopping, sights, etc.

Pricing: $150 or less (expect to pay $50 in parking so not over $200 total)

I would like to book the hotel as soon as possible...

I appreciate your suggestions and assistance to this newbie. :) Thanks for the help everyone!

Not sure if I should bid on a hotel or take a deal in my pricing range.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Rates for these dates are well within your budget, so I think it comes down to what is most important to you for this stay. If you're looking for the least expensive price and willing to accept any hotel in the zone at your minimum star rating then PRICELINE would likely be the better option... if you'd like to take a guess as to the hotel you may receive (and know if the hotel has a certain amenity offered OR see some user review information from previous guests) then HOTWIRE would be the better option (although it will likely cost a little more than PRICELINE)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback! Based on what you recommended, I would prefer spending more money for the hotel ($150) to hopefully get a nicer hotel and guess which one it might be... [i guess that means go with HOTWIRE] I rarely do this (but would like to take trips more often) so any help you could provide would be very appreciated. Thanks again!

On HOTWIRE i'm currently seeing what i believe to be the Hilton Financial District for $91/nite, the Hotel Nikko for $95/nite, or for $117/nite the Parc 55 Wyndham or Sir Francis Drake (i'm not sure which one)... would any of these be of interest?

Also, what may be the Grand Hyatt for $143/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts on any of these options?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would probably be interested in the Parc 55 or Grand Hyatt. I didn't see the one listed for $143... Do you see anything for the Intercontinental or similar? (wonder if I need to up my pricing range) I'm thinking we'll probably want to stay somewhere around Union Square if possible. Thanks again!

Do you see anything for the Intercontinental or similar? (wonder if I need to up my pricing range)

You can't "force" HOTWIRE show certain hotels to you and you can only select from what is offered... so even if you're willing to raise your budget it won't change the offerings.

If the InerContinental San Francisco is what you really want it can be booked HERE for $152/nite, just $2 more than your budget if this is worth the added expense of the other hotels above.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

On PRICELINE regular retail search, the Omni is available for $131 a night at that time. This is supposed to be a fabulous hotel and below your stated budget.

If you want nicer, not necessarily cheaper, I would strongly consider this.

It's at the upper edge of the Financial district and not too far from Union Square.

LeMeridian is $139 a night, but it also shows up on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE NYOP. So I would look for that, too. (The location is not as good. It is clearly in the Financial District.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]