Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark - Meadowlands (Meadowlands - Rutherford) Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Made a same day bid and won the Extended Stay America, rack rate was $90, so I was pleased with the result.

Room Cost $49.00

Taxes and Fees $15.16

Total Charges $64.16

Made my bids using BetterBidding's WinAlerts app which lets me check HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, and Hotels.com rates.

I was offered to stay another night at the same rate. This property is adjacent to the former Sheraton, now a Hilton hotel and across the highway from Met life stadium. The location and proximity to NYC is good, but there is no public transportation nearby, so having a car is a must. Extended Stay hotels cater to long term guests, so you don't get daily maid service and the room is rather spartan. But each room is outfitted with a two burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, so it's almost like a small apartment. The room has a queen sized bed and getting a two bed suite would be up to the discretion of the check in clerk. The hotel seemed empty and I believe that long term road warriors were not traveling due to the approaching Christmas Holiday. There is a grab and go breakfast offered which consists of coffee, tea, instant oatmeal, muffins, and granola bars. I really can't think of a better value for those seeking ultra low priced accommodations for a short trip to the NYC area.

Don't think of staying here during the Super Bowl, rates have not been set yet, but they will be sky high.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]