Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Gallus50
By Gallus50,
in

HI Guys - Could use some help here. Tried PL NYOP up to almost $90 from 4* down to 3*, so this may be the best thing going.

4* - Financial District/Embarcadero from December 18-21.

Amenities are Pet Friendly, Restaurant, Business, Internet

TA Rating is 4/5. HW approval rating is 90%

Reviews mention that it's close to Ferry Building, parking is expensive and that there is construction on the street, possibly.

I am torn as to whether this is the Le Meridien or the Hilton Financial District. The Hilton usually displays more amenities, but it also has the list above. Both are 4/5 TA rating. I'm interested in LeMeridien, but the Hilton, not so much.

Does anyone have a good educated guess which one this is?

Being close to the Ferry Building and construction would point to the Hyatt rather than the Hilton or Le Meridien. Our recent trips over the past few months found construction going on outside of the Hyatt near the cable car terminus. I did a search for dates in January, and Hotwire offered a 4* in the FD/E are but with the Spa amenity, which usually points to the Hilton. Not being a real gambler, but a consumate day trader, I figure a two out of three chance it would not be the Hilton.

I have a bit of trouble with what some people post as to the amenities after their wins. I always expct the Hilton to have the Spa amenity, and when it doesn't, I wonder if they have it right.

Good luck.

Yes, I missed the fitness icon. It is there as well. Sorry.

Comments in reviews did also mention excellent transportation, which certainly fits for the Hyatt. Cable car, BART and Muni, all right there.

Will look again and probably bid tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

(Hey there slruud. Thanks for chiming in. Nice to hear your (posted) voice.)

I was feeling conflicted because the Hyatt has not displayed a pet friendly icon before.

So I went to their website and sure enough, they are a pet friendly property that welcomes your canine companions. There is a fairly substantial fee, but I never knew that the Hyatt accepted pets, like, ever.

Now I really do think this is the Hyatt, which makes it more desirable than the Hilton, but not quite as appealing as LeMeridian.

Will let you know...

Here is another hotel I am interested in. If anyone can help, that would be great.

3* Union Square West/Nob Hill for $83

Amenities: Boutique, Internet, Smoke Free, Fitness, Business Center.

4/5 TA. Comments in reviews include bad TV and good showers.

I was thinking the Hotel Diva but it usually displays a restaurant icon as well. HW says the last person got the Cartwright Hotel; I am thinking maybe this it, too....???

HW says the last person got the Cartwright Hotel...

The "last person got..." info is based upon the star rating and zone, not the specific hotel and amenity set for the hotel currently offered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I finally scored on NYOP, if you can call it that. Not my best win ever, but not my worst.

Won the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Financial District/Embarcadero for $102 a night.

My net cost won't be that much, as I had a coupon that took $20 off the total of an NYOP stay. So I'm actually paying about $95 a night before taxes and fees.

I might have gone too high, too soon, but I didn't think I had time to play around. The Hyatt does have a good location and a good fitness room, so that's nice. And even the worst room won't be bad.

Used the BB link as much as i could.

OH BTW - Started at about $85 and went up in increments of $5, using rebid zones and bidding USW, USE and FD/EMB separately at first.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]