Cheap Intl' Flights

R. Rob
By R. Rob,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is the best rate you're currently able to find for this route? How much would you be willing to pay for an 'opaque' purchase given you can't choose the airline, layover city, length of layover, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best price I have seen for round trip form PHX to KTM has been $1004.00, but that was not for the dates I am looking at in which case I have seen as low as $1400. I would be going with my wife which makes me leery of flight quality, layover, etc... but for a big enough discount I may be willing.

Is opaque the same as a 'name your own price'? In name your own price purchases, what should I be cautious of?

...but that was not for the dates I am looking at in which case I have seen as low as $1400.
What is the date range you are looking for?
... but for a big enough discount I may be willing.
Based upon the $1400 rate for your possible dates, how much of a discount would you need to make it worthwhile?
Is opaque the same as a 'name your own price'? In name your own price purchases, what should I be cautious of?
Yes, same thing as 'opaque' means that you're buying the service (airfare, hotel, car rental, etc) before knowing the name of the provider (airline, hotel brand, car rental company) and in the case of airfare as well as the departure time, arrival time, length of layover, city of layover, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking at going through the month of Sept. Possibly the 1st thru the 29th. I am looking at visiting missionaries and possibly going there as a missionary myself. I am thinking that flying through one company may be the best option rather than going opaque based on the fact that we could rack up mileage very quickly. I also have four young kids so if I were to fly from there to the states every few years I would want one company to rack up points with, especially with the distance and 6 passengers. I hope this clarifies the situation, I still would love advice if you have any.

You won't get any frequent flier points when bidding on airfare thru PRICELINE so if this is an important criteria for you then you may want to consider booking direct... but you should figure out just how much a point is worth to you (ie- average cost of a flight if purchased with dollars divided by the number of points needed gives you your value per point). If for example the points received from a ticket purchased directly equates to $50, then you would need to win a flight via PRICELINE by at least $50 less than retail to make that opaque ticket worthwhile.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed... and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]