Christmas rates in florida for a mid sized car

PFriis
By PFriis,
in

Hi Guys

I'm going to Fort Myers at Christmas, and wondering what rates to expect on a mid sized car.

I'll be renting from 27th dec until 4th jan.

Most sites say around 38-45$ incl tax per day(cheapest I've found was Expedia with 38$ a day). Is that what to expect?

Any suggestions on a good but realistic starting bid?

Thanks in advance

/Pfriis

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Assuming the Expedia rate is fully refundable (it usually is but double check the terms) i would reserve that as a back-up. From there you can continue to try bidding on PRICELINE in hopes of a better price.

To confirm, the Expedia rate is $38/day all-in? If so, what is the rate for the vehicle (before fees/taxes) and what is the total all-in rate?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and the board's Expedia link if you do book this rental as a back-up)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you :)

There is a small cancelling fee on the Expedia offer. But not much.

The $38/day is all incl. I cant see how much the tax is. (I'm looking at the danish Expedia site, just to check I looked up the offer on the US site and apparently there is around 70$ in difference between the US site and the DK site, and the DK site says tax are included, so it can't be that.) The total on the DK site is 311$ from 27th dec at noon to 4th jan at noon. and the US site is 378$ for the same period.

But what is a realictic starting bid? Should I start with 15$ and then go slowly up, or is that totally unrealistic? I'm out quite early I know, but thought why not start now.

I'll use the links here when booking...

I would start in the low/mid-$20's... given how much time you have before your rental you can start at $15 if you want, but i don't think that is realistic given this is one of the busiest times of year in area (LOTS of visitors, especially from the north east coast, looking for warm weather during the Xmas/Near Year holiday)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]