Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile

sll0037
By sll0037,
in

Hi,

I'm new to the site and I need help getting the best deal for the following stay. I'll mainly be hanging out in the millennium park area and I'll be going everywhere by subway. I'll be going to a Cubs game and visiting some other popular destinations.

I fly in to O'Hare via Spirit Airlines.

Close to Subway Lines (no car rental) to get to/from O'Hare and downtown.

Area: Millennium Park or O'Hare (Open to Suggestions)

Check In: Friday 09.06.2013 - Check Out: Monday 09.09.2013

3.5* or Above

Please help. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

In your reply please also indicate your maximum budget per nite (before taxes/fees).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to stay at a maximum budget of $125, but ideally $100 or less would be great.

I noticed some PRICELINE EXPRESS deals for 4* right at about $100.

I'm simply not sure what's the best area to bid in downtown.

My fiancé and I are 30 and we like more modern and trendy areas/hotels.

Again, train access is very important since we will be taking the train everywhere. We're only renting a car one day to drive to ann arbor to catch Michigan v Notre Dame.

If you're looking for nightlife and restaurants, I'd highly recommend staying North of the river (River North-NMA area on PRICELINE or the Mag Mile-River North, Mag Mile North-Water Tower or Gold Coast areas on HOTWIRE) I'm seeing the potential Intercontinental Chicago for $92 (you may see a slightly different price per night) - that's not a hip hotel, but it's in a terrific, central location and it's a nice walk to the nearby nightlife/restaurant-heavy River North area. Otherwise, 4*+ hotels downtown are over (or well over $100.) It's not the style of hotel you're looking for, but if you're going to be out a lot, this is a solid location.

I'm also seeing a 4* for $96 in the River North-NMA area on PRICELINE Express (which could be a number of possibilities, although the Intercontinental is one of them.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 years later...

Which service, PRICELINE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE did you use to book this?

If HOTWIRE, can you please list the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this property and showed before your purchase... you can view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]