Murray Hill Suites Hotel

curiousx
By curiousx,
in

Hope I am not out of line in posting this but...I thought I'd let members know that I just booked a one bedroom suite at the Murray Hill Suites Hotel - master bedroom with two double beds, living/dining room with pull out sofa-double bed, full kitchen - for three adults for the period Nov 25 (arrive) to December 1 (leave). The amount paid totalled $2305.74US covering $1810 for the room, $120 for extra person fees, $361.74 for taxes and service fees. This works out to about $128 per person per day, which compares favourably to the offerings I looked at on Hotwire (through this site, of course)

Because there are three of us, we did not want the regular Murray Hill open plan suite (36 square metres) where you have to go through the bedroom area to get to the bathroom. By contrast,the one bedroom suites (56 square metres) have a separate master bedroom and equal access to the bathroom from both the living room and the master bedroom. Only the regular suites are available on-line through Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, etc.

To book the one larger bedroom suites one has to call the hotel (not so easy because there is no website) or call a third party agency...which is what I did (and then called the hotel to make sure everything was ok at their end). The hotel also said that the rate I got through the third party was better than the one I would have received if booking with them directly. :)

The hotel also has larger Executive Suites with balconies which can only be reserved through the hotel itself.

I've stayed at Murray Hill before and found it to be a perfectly adequate, if somewhat dowdy, place to stay. The location is great, the rooms are spacious and the staff are very helpful. It's best to ask for a room at the back and/or higher up because there is a fair amount of street noise in front.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]