Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Japantown - Civic Center North) Hotel Kabuki

hdwebpros
By hdwebpros,
in

Hey guys. New here. Looking to stay in SF on Sep 27th - 29th. I'd like 3.5* minimum and I don't care where, as long as it is in the city and not near the airport. I'm hoping to spend less than $145 per night. I've been striking out left and right. Should I wait until closer to the date? Should I try now? Are my prices too low? I'll take any advice at all.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I'd like 3.5* minimum and I don't care where, as long as it is in the city and not near the airport.
Can you please take a look at the PRICELINE map and let us know which zones you're willing to stay in so we don't offer a strategy that you don't like.
Should I wait until closer to the date?
I'm sorry to sat that there's no good answer to you your question. Everything is about supply and demand. Please read this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

How high have you been bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

For location, I have an event to attend in Berkley, but just want to hang in SF in between. Here is the list of zones I wouldn't mind being in

Civic Center South - Hayes Valley

Financial District - Embarcadero

Fisherman's Wharf

Japan Town - Civic Center North

Marina - Lombard Street

SOMA - Moscone Center

Union Square East

Union Square West - Nob Hill

I have been bidding up to $155 so far. Thanks for your help

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

To confirm you have bid all the zones above at the 3.5* level up to $145 and have been rejected? At current rates i think you'll more likely need to be in the $165-$185 area.

Do you want to wait it out and hope for lower rates in the weeks ahead (although they could move even higher from here), lower your star rating, increase your budget, consider other zones, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To confirm you have bid all the zones above at the 3.5* level up to $145 and have been rejected?

Correct, but I actually edited my post to show I went to $155. I looked at the 3* and under and a few hotels had bad reviews, so I really want to tread carefully. I also don't have much more in the travel budget either. I'm just looking for a nice place to stay in San Fran for around $150 p/n. I am a little upset, though, as I did see a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 4* for $160 that by the time I got my plans finalized, the express deal was removed.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Japantown-Civic Center North zone for $164/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Hotel Kabuki which tends to get very good reviews, Would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

*Update, I tried on a whim bidding in both union centers and financial district 3.5* and up for $164 and got nothing.
Does this mean only USE and USW and Financial District OR have you bid all SIX zones that you previously stated were acceptable?

Does the 3* HOTWIRE property show:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if so my guess here would be the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway - San Francisco.

I'm don't have firsthand experience at either property, but if location-wise they each work for your needs, the 3.5* hotel is both a higher star rating and slightly better reviewed, so give the same price i would take that one.

Thank you. I will most likely click on your link and get that hotel this evening. My conference is in Berkely, but I heard that its mostly trashy and dodgy over there, and staying in SF is the way to go. Unless you urge me to look otherwise, I will most likely grab that hotel in Japantown.

I'm not local to this area so can't really answer the above... somebody else more familiar may be able to answer better. I did try to do some reading and apparently the area outside of the Berkeley campus can get a bit sketchy, but i don't know how long of commute this would be each day.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

While just a little more than you had originally budgeted for this stay, glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]