Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Marriott Anaheim Suites

hwfiv
By hwfiv,
in

We are going to be at Disneyland 9/9/13 through 9/11/13. Priceline is showing a 3.5 star express deal for $77 per night. Amenities include: Internet, Pool, Pets, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

Overall Rating: 8.0 and Guest Favorite. Oddly enough, when I list out Priceline hotels for Disneyland area that have those amenities, none come up at Guest rating 8.0, and none of them say "Guest Favorite".

Any ideas what it might be?

There is also a 3 Star Express deal for $74 a night that is a Guest Rating 7.0 and has Internet, Pool, Pets, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center.

We are hoping to get at close walking distance as possible to maingate entrance, so any help would be much appreciated!

As always, I have gone through your links to get to Priceline.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Washington DC thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Thanx for using board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links

Priceline is showing a 3.5 star express deal for $77 per night. Amenities include: Internet, Pool, Pets, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

Overall Rating: 8.0 and Guest Favorite

I'm getting the same amenities and price but a rating of 7 and no mention of guest favorite when replicating your search.

Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yeah, it's too late. That hotel is now gone. Waited too long. Huge Bummer - looked like a great deal at a great price! Back to the drawing board...

Note to everyone: make absolutely dead sure that you have followed up on your postings - and that there haven't been any internet glitches that stopped your follow up from going through, or you might wind up like me and miss out on a great hotel because the owners of this site think you have failed to follow up as required. Time is often of the essence with these Express Deals and the time it takes to find out that your follow up for a previous posting hadn't gone through, and then reposting what you thought you had already posted (or in some cases, had failed to post in the first place) could mean you lose out on the current deal you're considering.

Bottom line: ALWAYS follow up on BetterBidding.com posts!

I might as well ask about two of the other deals on Express Deals for the same dates:

3 Star, Guest Rating 7.0, $75/night.

Amenities:

internet

pool

pets

restaurant

business center

fitness center

And a 2 Star for $42/night that highlights "Includes FREE breakfast and Internet". Amenities:

"coffee cup" (does that mean breakfast? coffee? not sure)

Internet

Pool

Thanks guys!!

The amenities on PRICELINE EXPRESS are somewhat vague so it's difficult to guess with any high degree of confidence, but my guesses would be:

3.5* Red Lion??

3* Holiday Inn And Suites Anaheim

2* no guess

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wish I had a better result to report. I'm frankly beyond angry over this - which I FULLY blame on PRICELINE, not on BetterBidding.com. Here's what happened:

The Express Deal on Priceline for the 3.5 Star hotel listed 6 amenities in the listing. When I went to the regular list of full priced hotels on Priceline and specified those same 6 amenities at a 3.5 star rating, the ONLY hotel that showed up was the Red Lion, which is essentially right across the street from Disneyland and an easy walk. So I decided to take the chance, since the search did not show any of the hotels that are much further away.

But instead, I ended up with the Marriott Suites, which (according to Google maps) is a 30 minute walk from Disney, and MUCH too far for "in and out" of the parks. We have a family member with migraines who often has to leave to get back to the hotel quickly, and this development is devastating to us.

I called PRICELINE and talked to several supervisors telling them how unfair I thought it was that the Marriott didn't come up on the list when specifying those same 6 amenities. I explained to them, that had I SEEN the Marriott as a possibility, I would have just paid the $94/day for the Red Lion that is advertised on Priceline, instead of the $77/day that I got it at. Now I also find out that although the hotel has a shuttle to the parks, the shuttle is $5 per person per day!! So there goes our savings!

On top of that, there is also parking charges. So I feel like I completely screwed myself on this deal! Should have just paid the book rate for the Ramada across the street that has parking. Even though it's only a 2 star, it would have been much less aggravation.

I think I may be done with Priceline for a while. I think they handled this quite poorly.

This may not make any difference in your regrets for not getting the Red Lion but wanted to add in case it helps anyone who has this hotel in their thoughts. I got the Red Lion Hotel last fall and I thought it would be a great hotel to stay at for what I paid which was in the $60 range if I remember correctly. Anyway it was a very disappointing stay and when I had to bid to stay again a couple weeks later I tried to avoid that one and I got stuck again only at a higher price than before! In fact I talked with the manager about how upset I to stay there again because of the quality of the service one of which was the room cleaning was not acceptable. I was told they would correct things but they did not and I would not stay there again for again for even $50 a night so maybe you avoided a big disappointment. There are cheaper ways to get to the park than that pricey hotel shuttle..I have never heard of any that charged that much per person per day!

hwfiv,

Sorry to see you didn't get the hotel you were hoping for and are disappointed in the results on this one. When you need a specific location within the zone the opaque providers may not be the best option for this given trip (but our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com often is). You wrote that you "took a chance" on this one and unfortunately it didn't turn out the way you had wanted. We do mention in our PRICELINE FAQ that you can't use the retail listings to determine what you will get thru the opaque side of their service as each uses a different universe of hotels.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I got the Red Lion Hotel last fall...
Krys,

As you can see from this thread, sharing your win(s) with the board can help other users, please begin to post your results to the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hwfiv, I have stayed at the Marriot Suites once, and it is a nice hotel specially if your going with kids rooms are nice and spacious. If i remember correctly parking was $12 per night and i want to say $3-$4 for the shuttle ride for adults, kids were free. Its only a short 10 minute shuttle drive from the park.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]