Priceline Hotel: Help bidding for last minute trip??

shoparound
By shoparound,
in

... and if you haven't yet, please read your messages.

Also, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better in any of your acceptable zones?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, Thanks for the message and responses.

I am willing to pay for higher rated hotels, but nothing over $200 per night.

My goal is the least expensive 3* hotel (without it being a poor hotel)

And the zones I would prefer in order:

Midtown East

Midtown West

Central Park South

Downtown Financial District

Times Square

Chelsea

Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

I am willing to pay for higher rated hotels, but nothing over $200 per night.

My goal is the least expensive 3* hotel

This is contradictory... is you're goal the highest rated hotel within your budget OR the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Also, you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... you are either comfortable with 3* rated hotels or not, as there is no way to limit your outcome to only the ones within the star level that you want (ie- not be able to avoid any you may possibly consider to be of 'poor quality'). If you would be more comfortable reading reviews of the property and/or being able to take a guess as to what it is that you may win, HOTWIRE would be a better (although slightly more expensive) choice since they often show user satisfaction ratings, TA reviews, and amenities associated with the property and you may be able to use some of this information to take a guess as to what it is being offered.

And the zones I would prefer in order:

Midtown East

Midtown West

Central Park South

Downtown Financial District

Times Square

Chelsea

Are you willing to pay more to stay in your first choice of zone vs. your second choice vs. your third choice, etc, etc... or is your goal the lease expensive hotel at the minimum star rating you choose in any of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still not clear... are you willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3*... OR would you prefer the lesser expensive 3* hotel?

EXAMPLE (the numbers are fictitious and not specific to your dates):

3* hotel $145

3.5* hotel $180

If you firs try for a 3.5* up to your $200 limit you would win the 3.5* without ever having a chance to win the 3* at $145... if you try for the least expensive 3* you would win that one at $145 but never have a chance to win the higher rated hotel that is still within your budget.

Given this scenario which of these would you prefer?

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]