Hotel Incidental fee for Priceline ?

shovad
By shovad,
in

Hotel Incidental fee for priceline ::

I am thinking about making a booking via Priceline for a 2.5 to 3 star hotel but wanted to clarify about incidental fee. I called the 3 star and they said they need a valid credit card where they will charge a certain fee per day for incidentals. When I asked him how much, he would not specify-- he said it depends on room type. I then called the 2.5 star and they said they will not charge my card for incidental but they require a copy of my credit card. Are these standard practices? I am hesitant on giving my credit card to the front desk for priceline bookings because I heard stories where people were charged again for the room by the hotel and then you have to go through the headache of disputing the charge. Also is it true that some hotels do not give a check out receipt for priceline customers, wouldn't you need some sort of proof that nothing additional was charged for the room? Thanks!!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Most hotels will require a credit card for incidentals, whether you are using PRICELINE or booking regular rate through the hotel. It is not "priceline-specific."

An error may happen in terms of a wrong charge whether using PRICELINE or booking regular rate. Irritating to deal with, but does not happen that frequently and again, is not something specific to PRICELINE.

A hotel should be able to offer a receipt (or printout,etc.) on request upon checkout.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the details of your trip (date/s, budget per night, etc.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]