5* Siem Reap Cambodia Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace

OdieUK
By OdieUK,
in

Lastminute.com and lastminute.com.au

please note that this is different to lastminutetravel.com which also offers secret hotels.

Lastminute.com in the UK do not offer secret hotels in Siem Reap - Cambodia. However, their sister site/company in Australia do!

the offer was 5 star - including breakfast - and one way transfer at AUD $78.00. (The website at final booking stage states that the amount is converted for payment into USD$, Credit card fee and currency conversation ammendment - thus bringing cost to USD $316.00). At current currency conversation this works out at GBP £50.50 per room per night!

i did my research and with the information on the webpage - worked out that their could only be two hotels they could offer. the one element i picked up on is that the hotel has golf course/range. With a possible choice of only two hotels, I worked out that it would not be the high priced Sofitel - unless i was extremely lucky!

My initial concern was whether lastminute.com.au would accept a reservation from outside Australia - i am in Great Britain. I emailed a friend in Melbourne - who gave them a call - and was advised all should be fine. I went ahead with the reservation - credit card went through no problem - and was immediately notified that in fact it was the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace!

Doing a check - the cheapest by booking as a known hotel was also a non refundable reservation through easytoclick.com including tax at £306.50...thus my saving at the lowest rate was GBP 106.00 = £25.50 saving per night! i personally think saving this sort of money excellent!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]