Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Providence - Newport (Newport - Middletown - Jamestown) Ramada Middletown

86x
By 86x,
in

I finally had one of those Hotwire hell experiences. I thought people just like to complain about not being able to control location. I have never had a problem with my hotwire selections before, and I have used them often.

Add this Ramada trap to your Newport watchlist. The Ramada here is by anyone's standards a 2 star property, but Hotwire calls it a 3. Yes, there is a breakfast, but it consists of only a hardboiled egg and a reheatable waffle or burrito, and pineapple chunks, as well as your choice of one or two picked over donuts (not fresh). It was typical service for a 2-star, not a $180 value like they can get on the weekends. There is no elevator in the building to get to the far reaches of the third floor of this hotel where all the hotwire rooms are located. I don't know how they would accommodate handicapped/seniors?

when you get to the hotel they give you one of the rooms with merely a full bed that has not yet been upgraded just because you had an online discount rate. I thought the hotwire premise is that you are saving money, not losing value.

Thank you for sharing your previous win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

I'd like to correct this thread. It was actually a 2.5 stars bid.

2.5 stars, Free Breakfast, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

The "breakfast" was pretty awful compared to competitors in this star range And there were NO elevators :)

I have made the change, but this property was 3* rated by HOTWIRE at the time of your purchase, and was likely downgraded since then (it was nearly 10 months ago)... we do update the board Hotel Lists with any known changes, but we don't go back to change every thread for the reported hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]