General Bidding question

luckygi
By luckygi,
in

Hi,

My question is about bidding without changing anything. does it make any sense, if you have the the time, to just keep rebidding with the same price each day? I get the whole idea of being able to rebid quicker by changing areas and so on but I'm just wondering if the same bid for the same stars and area and amount makes any sense. Or is it that once an amount is rejected for say area1, 43 stars it will never be accepted so you need to keep bumping up your price each time. Not sure if I'm explaining myself very well but hopefully someone will get what I'm saying. thanks!

It can make sense to keep bidding the same amount every day. Each day is a fresh start, and what you did the day before isn't held against you in any way.

By bidding the same amount, when a hotel chooses to give Priceline some rooms at or below your bid level, you will be successful.

One thing to consider though - if a hotel gives Priceline rooms at a rate lower than your bid, you could have been successful for less money. If you are fortunate enough to have a situation that allows several bids (some free rebid zones), a multiple bid pattern that starts low and works up within that same day can succeed at less money.

As an example, consider a constant bid of $100.

Now, consider a bid pattern that goes $85, $90, $95, $100, $105, $110, $115.

Suppose a hotel just gives Priceline some rooms at $93.

The constant bid of $100 will of course work.

But the multiple-bid pattern will get you the room at $95, saving $5.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

I'll add to the above that you also need to make sure that your bids are reasonable for your dates... for example, if there is a large convention in Las Vegas that is inflating hotel rates, bidding $100 for a 5* hotel is not worth your time, imo, even though others have won on other dates for less. Use our BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com to see help with your rate research for your particular dates.

If you'd like help with an upcoming stay please post the details of your stay and we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]