Family of 4 using Priceline

nicoee
By nicoee,
in

I have used priceline in the past and have always been happy. We are planning a trip to Maui and I was thinking about using Priceline. My question is if my room is only guaranteed for 2 people will it be a problem when we get there and we are a family of 4? Will my whole family have access to pools and other resort amenities without being charged additional fees? I know there will be a resort fee and that's fine, just wondering if there will be any other charges because of there being 4 of us?

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. If you are a family of four, HOTWIRE is moderately more expensive but a better choice as you can indicate the amount of people in the party. With PRICELINE and four people, policy is going to vary by the hotel, area and other factors. You may not be charged additional fees, but also may not get two beds and if two beds is a paid upgrade at the hotel they may charge more (if they allow an upgrade.) Or, you may not have any issue. There's no way know in advance. If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the details of the trip - date/s, desired star rating/desired budget/desired zones/etc.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 months later...

I just bought a Priceline Express deal for London and it appears I might be totally screwed for my family of four. After "winning" at the Club Quarter Inn Lincoln Fields (which they posted at. 4* by the way, but is listed on here as a 3*), I contacted the hotel to try to request that we get one of the rooms on their site that lists a pull out couch as my kids are only 5 this will be just fine. They told me that the room I got will only accommodate two people and I have to contract Priceline to try to upgrade to a suite through them.

Any tips on how to do this and be successful?

I just bought a Priceline Express deal for London...

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Include in your post your questions/issue above and we'll address them there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]