Priceline Hotel: Aruba - No Resorts listed in star level for bidding

bikepoet
By bikepoet,
in

I'm no stranger to Priceline and BB, so I thought I would check on deals in Aruba this spring, and I see a lot of people were able to choose 4.5* / Resort, but that seems to no longer be a choice.

Is it possible Priceline has done away with Resort/4.5* level for bids?

I wanted to bid resort so that I can be sure not to get the Renaissance, but I'm not sure how I could do that now. And I don't think it's worth chancing just to save that extra money.

Am I missing something?

when I placed my bid for a hotel in Aruba there was no longer a resort option available or anything above a 4* rating. which I'm assuming means that all of the properties listed as 4* on their website could now be a potential win when bidding including the Renaissance. (which sucks) wasnt happy with the Westin win at all and even though it was NYOP I managed to get a full refund. not taking a chance on bidding in Aruba again. good luck

So, like many other betterbidders, I didn't want to leave anything to chance when spending >$2k for a Caribbean excursion, so I ended up booking a trip to Curacao through an expeditious travel site. The Marriott resort was discounted ~$700 for airfare and lodging, so it ended up being cheaper than getting a resort on Aruba for $110 + 24% tax for 7 nights.

One word of warning: for many of the travel sites, Priceline included, sometimes the deals look really good for a 7-night trip because the flight to there may have an overnight layover in the USA so you have a >18 hour trip there and -1 night for your intended stay.

I still love betterbidding, but just couldn't take the chance here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]