WI - How to get the best rate on minivan

jgraefe
By jgraefe,
in

I am trying to find the best option for renting a minivan June 14-June 23. Milwaukee Wisconsin area. We are planning to drive to FL and back.

So far the best regular Rate is $729 if we are taking it out of the state.

Hotwire has a rate of $622 for Sheboygan Wisconsin which avoids the Airport fees of MKE. I am thinking I can still do better.

Thanks

Car daily rate: $62.31

Rental days: 9

Estimated taxes and fees: $61.73

Estimated subtotal: $622.52

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

What is the best rate offered when using our Car Rental Checker? (found under TOOLS menu at the top of the board)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, Checking the tools the best rate other than the Enterprise Hotwire price is from Dollar:

Total Rental Days:

Weekly Rate:

$581.99 (1 x $581.99)

Extra Daily Rate

$161.98 (2 x $80.99)

Taxes and Fees: (details)

$207.79

Total Amount Due at Pick-Up:

prices are in US dollars

$951.76

The Airport fees are a killer. Sheboyan and the MKE airport are about the same distance so that's why I was looking there.

Not sure how much better you'll do than your current offer as airport locations have more competition and therefore may discount their rates deeper than a 'local' location.

Minivans are considered specialty vehicles and therefore may not be discounted as much due to a limited number of them on the rental car lots. Would a midsize SUV or standard SUV work for your needs at all... HOTWIRE has each for $415 and $610 respectively.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]