Priceline PYOP to Rome

brownkid6945
By brownkid6945,
in

I am trying to do Reno, Nevada to Rome, Italy March 29 and return on May 8.

What would be a good starting point as far as reducing the base price. I know they say to make a bid on the flight itself (without taxes and fees). Right now their lowest flight is about 1160. Going of that what percentage off that price should i begin my bid at. I was thinking 40% but I hear 60% off is a good place to start.

So this is the part I am confused with. Looking at prices right now for a US airways flights its says the flight costs $513 and taxes and fees are $659 for a total of 1172. When I go to the PYOP part its says to pick a price that is the flight and taxes and then it adds the fees. I was thinking of starting around $775 or maybe around 35% off. Would that be a good starting point?

I guess i wouldnt be comfortable going over $875 if i am going to lose control over picking airline, times, etc.

This will likely be a tough win given that the taxes/fees make up about half of the ticket price. Assuming taxes/fees are a constant at $659, your maximum bid of $875 only leaves about $200 as base fare for the airlines.

If you want to give it a try, you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones available, as per this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread (in particular see the second post)

You can start at $600 and increase $25 per re-bid at the earlier bids and increase $10 per re-bid as you get closer to your maximum.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]