Priceline Hotel: June bidding help

mrmal
By mrmal,
in

hi,

this is my first post on the site and my first time trying to use priceline. im trying to bid for a hotel in new york in late june im quite open with my zones i've put in all zones and apart forom upper west and east, lower east and the financial district. ive put bids in for 4* with bids reaching about $190 to $200 and for 3* about $150 and im still im not getting anything. ive been looking and saw people were getting 4* last year in june for about $115. im not sure if its because im a bit early or what? any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long explination.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please indicate which zones, by PRICELINE name, you included in your bidding (rather than the zones you didn't include in your bidding)

What are the actual dates of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ive put bids in for 4* with bids reaching about $190 to $200 and for 3* about $150 and im still im not getting anything.

Are you sure you have bid up to $200 for a 4* in the zones you've indicated as there are 4* hotels on PRICELINE EXPRESS that are priced less than $200/nite and the same goes for 4* hotels on HOTWIRE (although these may be lower rated and not actually 4* hotels by PRICELINE's rating system)

What is it exactly that you're looking for from this stay? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* (or for a 3.5* as you don't mention any 3.5* bidding) OR is your goal the least expensive 3* (or 3.5*) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What im actually looking for a clean decent hotel with a nice view afterall most of the enjoyment of nyc is the view. I dont mind paying about $50 to $70 extra a nite for a 4* compared to a 3* and i will accept a 3.5*. What price do u think my max should be for 4*, 3.5* and 3*. And will this prices go down later on or is this peak time of the year for nyc. Thanks

What im actually looking for a clean decent hotel with a nice view afterall most of the enjoyment of nyc is the view.

Come to Hoboken NJ and you'll have all the unobstructed view you'd like. There is no way to ensure that you'll receive a room with a view in NYC, and in fact most rooms at most hotels don't have views as they typically face other nearby buildings.

At the moment I'd guess a 3.5*/4* hotel would likely cost about $160-$180/nite, but there is no tell if rates will come down, or move higher, from here as it all depends upon how expected demand (new reservations and cancellations) comes in relative to expectations. For more on 'when to bid' see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ. Summer is usually a slow time of year in NYC.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

You're not quite in the 'summer low season' yet as summer prices sometimes do not break until July 4th weekend. I would begin bidding now with a maximum bid of $140/nite and bid twice a week or so, as any 3.5* or 4* win at this price i would think would be 'pretty good'. You may ultimately need to bid higher, but if you continue to be rejected with 6-8 weeks to go before your stay you can gradually begin to increase your maximum bid.

I don't think you'll see too much pricing difference at this time between a 3.5* and a 4*... did you want to try your bidding for a 4* and then if rejected try for a 3.5*... only try for a 4* at this point in time and consider a 3.5* further down the road... only try for a 3.5* as price is the most important factor and the least expensive 3.5* is more important then spending a few extra dollars for a 4*?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

So to confirm you're current trying for a 4* hotel in the MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, CPS, Chelsea, ESB, or HK zones (there are no 4* offered in the Queensboro Bridge zone) with a maximum bid of $140/nite.

Above you 'sometimes includes UWS' in your bidding... should we include this in a bidding strategy as well?

When bidding 4* in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, Chelsea, ESB, UWS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* CPS and HK...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, Chelsea, ESB, UWS, CPS...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, Chelsea, ESB, UWS, HK...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, CPS, Chelsea, ESB, HK, UWS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I tried this but i keep on getting rejected and i dont think its to do with the bid i think it is to do with the fact that i get 'were still working on your request' message and i dont think im getting this message because of the system going back to the old system because one of the cards i changed to worked fine giving me instant results for all my rebid zones but as soon as i close the browser to open it up again to start the process again it gives me that message again. Ive used three different cards now (so i know the problem is not with the cards either) and im still getting that message and its getting on my nerves now. Any ideas/help thanks

Wait a few hours and try to resume your bidding... you can always check the status of your bid by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY REQUESTS link near the top right of their home page.

The same thing happend to me a few days ago so never mind waiting a few hours ive waited days bu still no change and as for cheking my requests i actually called them but its only some answer machine woman who is telling me that its not accepted. Btw I think this might have been the reason why i was bidding $200 and still getting nothing. Sorry for this hassel thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]