Priceline Hotel: Requesting 2 double beds in NYC

leesauer
By leesauer,
in

Rooms in NYC are - on average - small or in some cases very small. Rooms w/two beds, when available, often go for a premium. However, it's up to the hotel whether to offer rooms with two beds, and there have been instances where users have reported hotels not offering rooms with two beds on PRICELINE reservations. If you are a party of more than 2, the best bet on getting some sort of bedding for the party is HOTWIRE. PRICELINE only guarantees one bed, but users can request two beds with the hotel. The hotel can say no and it may depend on the day or who you talk to. However, with the situation in NYC with rooms, using PRICELINE with the hopes of two rooms is a definite risk.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Considering July isn't a peak season is there more of a chance for me to get 2 double beds?

More a chance yes, but since it's NYC i'd still say NOT a good chance. It's not just if they have rooms with two beds available, but if they classify these as part of their 'standard' rooms... many NYC now consider rooms with two beds to be an upgrade.

It's up to you if you are willing to take the risk or not, if not, i'd search HOTWIRE (for quad occupancy) and see if anything is offered within your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's not just the double vs. quad occupancy issue... in NYC it can also be a one bed vs. two bed issue. Given the smaller then usual rooms NYC hotels have a high percentage of rooms that only have one bed (and little or no room for a rollaway). Given the fewer number of rooms that two beds, and that some guests need two beds, hotels have started to call their one bedded rooms 'standard' and rooms with two beds are an upgrade and cost more.

If you're looking to stretch the boundaries a bit (ie- booking double occupancy rather than quad) i would at least book HOTWIRE for 2adults/2chidlren OR use pricelline.express and select a hotel that shows a 'Bed Choice'. Even with these options the hotel could take issue with 4adults showing up, but less likely of a bedding issue since with HOTWIRE you would have had booked for quad occupancy (NOTE: the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed or a rollaway brought into the room) or with PRICELINE EXPRESS you'll have booked a room specifically with two beds.

What is your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well if I were given 2 double beds would I have to give notice to the hotel or would they be fine with it ?

Depends upon the hotel... some hotels won't care while others will want an additional fee. It's like asking if you speed 5mph over the speed limit on the highway if it will be OK... you are breaking the rules, but whether a police office will pull you over or not depends upon a whole range of factors, none of which are in your control.

The bigger, and more difficult, issue is how you intend to ensure two beds in the room (and a reminder that the second 'bed' could be a rollaway or pullout sofabed)

My expected budget would be $100-$160 are these prices feasible?

Declaring how many adults/children and for what star rating and zone(s)?

Do you plan on using PRICELINE which is only for double occupancy and hope for the best in regards to having more than one bed in the room OR using HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children which should at least ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone in your group?

The other option is PRICELINE EXPRESS and choosing a hotel that offers 'Bed Choice' as an option and booking one that guarantees two beds in the room.

Let us know how you'd like to book and we'll take it from there.

If you see a good deal now on PRICELINE EXPRESS for a hotel that shows Bed Choice and you can guarantee two beds in the room, i would take it now. The quad occupancy really throws a wrinkle in your PRICELINE plans and i would sooner take a deal that ensured enough sleeping accommodations for everyone then bid and try and save $10-$20/nite ($5/pp or less) and risk that some people need to sleep on the floor or that the hotel takes issue with your showing up with four people.

If you search PRICELINE EXPRESS is there currently anything offered with the bed choice option and within your budget? If so, what are the full details associated with the property?

Are you and your group/friends currently willing to commit to a non-refundable purchase for July now?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]