Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Downtown - SoHo - Financial District Hotel

mygti23
By mygti23,
in

Please help ID the following: (choosing between the two)

4-star Downtown SoHo - Financial District Hotel

Staying Feb 17 - Feb 19

$108/night ($205 other sites)

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High Speed Internet Access

OR

3.5-Star Times Square Theatre Area District

Staying Feb 17 - Feb 19

$96/night ($145 other sites)

Amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

In Room Accessibility

Wheel Chair Accessible

Accessible Bathroom

Roll In Shower

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No problem...

Best guess for the SoHo property would be the Club Quarters World Trade or the World Center hotel.

I don't think you want the Times Square property with only a 30% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests... but if you want me to guess i think the Best Western President Hotel at Times Square is a likely candidate.

Do you have any specific needs this trip as i think you can likely do better than both of these. What is your maximum budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ooo.... you're right about the Times Square hotel.

My only caveat on any hotel we have is that it has to be nice and clean. This is a bit of an "emergency" we are attending to in NYC so if possible I was looking for quality on a budget. I am probably hoping to spend no more than $110/night. My ideal location would've been in the SoHo or Tribecca area.

Last time I was in NYC for a real vacation I stayed at the likes of the Smyth Hotel in Tribecca and it was GORGEOUS. Anything along those lines are more my style!

Any help is of course greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rates vary from day-to-day, but have gone up overall over the last three years. I think Fashion Week happens around this time frame, and there may be other events going on. There are a few other hotels on HOTWIRE in different areas in the general ballpark of your desired budget - I see what appears to be a possible match for the Carlton for $109 - would that be of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's on Madison Ave: The Carlton

Hrrrm.. the only listing I see for $109 is a 3-star listing with the following amenities:

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free. Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply. Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary. High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply. Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Is this the one you are talking about that should be the Carlton?

I'm seeing a 4* in the ESB area with business as the only amenity. I'm seeing it for $109, but you may see a slightly different price. The Carlton and Roger have been reported with this amenity set previously, but the Roger has been previously seen with a note on the detail page that there is a resort fee at the property (the Roger has a daily fee.). While it could still be the Roger, this listing does not have any note regarding resort fee at the bottom of the detail page, so I would lean towards the Carlton out of those two possibilities. Please let us know if you have any questions before purchasing.

I'm also seeing a pair of 4*'s in MTC for $111/114 (although the prices you see may vary slightly.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Wow you guys are AWESOME at this!

I see the ESB 4 star for $111. Either the Carlton/Roger will do.

I see the one 4 star for MTC for $113. Being a $2/night difference I was looking to compare the amenities to the list you guys have, but it's so hard! Any idea for these amenities?

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

There's 2 MTC 4*'s - one I'm seeing for $111, the other I'm seeing for $114 and I'm guessing they may be the same property. This amenity set could be a number of different hotels, including the Warwick, Sheraton, Novotel, Royalton and Helmsley Park Lane (although the Helmsley hasn't been seen in ages.)

It has VERY small rooms, but if you are looking for a boutique, the Hudson is $118 on Expedia for these dates regular rate and the Hilton Fashion District is $139. The Yotel is $135.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, Expedia or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 years later...

My apologies for the delay in my response.  As I had said previously in the thread, we were in NYC for a bit of an emergency and quickly realized we had to relocated to a closer hotel to our friend.  Given the lack of time in that moment, we booked with the Hotel Kitano instead.  If it's worth anything at all, I found the stay at the Kitano to be EXCELLENT and comes highly recommended.

The staff is incredibly attentive and the rooms were EXTREMELY clean.  The location was convenient for us as it was a hop and a skip away from Grand Central also.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]