Priceline Hotel: Resort strategies in Miami - South Beach

renataufm
By renataufm,
in

Hi,

I am looking into a 5* in South Miami Beach on Hotwire for 1 person, 1 night (2/4/13). It shows one for $196. I am assuming it is the The James Royal Palm but past posts seemed to have a "original price" info that this one doesn't so i am sure how to compare to other reported hotels.

Here is the description

5-star Hotel in South Beach - Oceanfront Collins

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Beachfront Property

Property is located on the beach.

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Thank you!

I am looking for a 5* or Resort Hotel in South Beach. This is for my mom and she is hoping to go to the Lowes or Crown/James Royal palm (I believe these are the same). I did not see 5* on the priceline list (maybe i missed it?) but I did see the Lowes as resort. Is this the only know resort in South Beach that is part of priceline? What areas are safe to expand the bid onto and still have it as the sure bet? (If it is indeed the only one on the area)

Thank you so much for your help!!

At the moment, the highest star level available for bidding any of the three South Beach Priceline zones is 4*.

I do see the South Beach - Collins Resort hotel in the list of hotels members have reported here, so Resort level has been available in the past. But it isn't right now.

Hotwire does have some 5*s offered for South Beach. Perhaps one of those would work for you? If you want to check it out, you can use the Hotwire box in the upper left hand corner.

Romelle

I assumed that all of these posts were for the same stay so i have merged them into one.

Best guess for the HOTWIRE property above is the The James Royal Palm.

This property (and the Loews) are both 4* rated on PRICELINE, and given that there are other 4* hotels in the zone, there is no way to target either of these properties. No guarantees, but if you'd like to try and target the James Royal Palm the HOTWIRE offer above will be your best bet... or if you're willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone then you can try bidding on PRICELINE.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a related question, as, what I think is this property, also came up for my stay. I put in 4 people, as I always thought HOTWIRE guarantees bedding for 4 people. Someone on another web site tells me I'm wrong and that HOTWIRE will not guarantee bedding for 4, just like PRICELINE. Is this true?

EDIT TO ADD: Never mind. I found my answer under the random HOTWIRE questions. I see that Hotwire does guarantee bedding, so the person who told me otherwise must have a vested interest in PRICELINE to lie about it.

• 3 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Hope you had a nice trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]