Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile

jeremyw
By jeremyw,
in

Starting a couple of days ago, I decided to focus on downtown Chicago zones 7 (Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area) and 8 (North Michigan Ave - River North Area) for my upcoming stay, Sunday Dec. 16. I figured I would try my luck bidding low at the 4* level. Based on BetterBidding wins and Hotwire I thought I might get a room for $60 or a bit less. Eventually, however, I decided I'd rather save some money and get a hotel with a pool (few if any of the 4* hotels in this forum's list have one), and shifted to 3.5* and 3* properties. I also narrowed my search to zone 8, realizing that street parking wouldn't be an option in zone 7.

Following a failed 3* bid of $40, where I was offered a re-bid without changes at $50, I tried again at $43 and was successful, winning a night at the Four Points. Total price including taxes and fees is $57.09.

For reference, bidding at 4* in zone 8, when I hit $53 I was offered a re-bid without changes at $64. Bidding at 3.5* on zones 7 and 8 (together) I hit $50 with no bites.

All bids were made using the BB PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Well done and researched! Glad to see you're happy with the results and are looking forward to your trip... a very nice deal!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]