Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego Coastal Dana Inn and Marina

dbnyc
By dbnyc,
in

the property was showing up around $92/night for the past week or so.

but i was checking rates mostly late at night or in the afternoons.

this morning i checked Hotwire again, and noticed that the 2.5* that i suspected was the Dana Inn (based on Vacation package results) had dropped down to a $79/night rate for my dates.

so i figured, what the hell, i'll just go for it. we need to be right next to the Paradise Point Resort (would've loved to stay there but never would've been able to afford the $200+ rates), so Dana Inn will work well since it's the closest hotel.

anyway, the amenities are as follows:

Beach Access, Restaurant, Pool, High-Speed Internet, Tennis, Laundry

i am curious to see if the rates will drop even lower as the dates approach. i'm also intrigued by how the rates dropped by $15 this morning. not sure if it's a time-of-day thing or if Dana Inn just lowered their rates effective today.

anyway, just another confirmed hotel to add to your list. hope this helps.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sometimes Hotwire pricing seems so random that it's hard to believe there is any rhyme or reason behind it (although i'm sure they have their reasons).

From my own recent Puerto Rico experience, various hotels were consistently offered at $87-$98. One day, everything dropped to $74 to $78.... a few hours later, everything was back up to previous rates! Hard to really say what their logic is.

Thanks for sharing your results!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]