Priceline Hotel: Priceline Express Deal

BRIGITTE
By BRIGITTE,
in

Hi,

I never used Priceline before.

I found a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for Mission Bay - 4 stars - at 122 $ instead of 239

How does this work ?

In the Priceline hotel list, there a 3 hotel listed as 4 stars.

Can I be sure it will be one of these 3 hotels or can it be another hotel that is not listed by Priceline ?

I chatted with Priceline and here is their answer

You will a get a hotel in the area and star level that you have selected. It may or may not be the one you have seen on the List View page.

and

Some chains and properties choose not to give us the discounted rates we use in our Express Deals program. However, most but not all, hotels that participate in our Express Deal service participate in our disclosed hotel service.

I want to book for 3 nights .

What am I supposed to understand ?

Thanks for anyone who could explain

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think you got the answer from PRICELINE (but maybe it's not what you wanted to hear ;) ).

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List as well as the related "Using the Retail Listings to Determine What you will get when Bidding" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What are the actual dates of your trip? What are the amenities that PRICELINE associates with this offer? Do you need a specific hotel for this trip OR just want to have an idea of what you might get?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you haven't seen it yet, start with this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

Since that post was made PRICELINE has introduced their 'Express Deals' which is similar to the explanation of HOTWIRE.

If you're looking for a guarantee of the hotel you will receive then the opaque services are probably not the best means for you to book your hotel. However, if you're looking for a deal on a hotel and are able to be flexible in the exact hotel and location, then you can often do quite well with PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than hotwire, but HOTWIRE gives you a bit more information about the hotel (such as review figures and sometimes Tripadvisor ratings) which can make you feel a bit more comfortable that you're getting a 'good' hotel.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]