hotwire rentals and unsure pickup time

forant
By forant,
in

I'm looking to book a rental through hotwire, but have one question. Currently my flight is due into my destination at 5pm. I'm hoping to switch flights on the day of departure and arrive in at noon. If I book my rental for pickup at 5, will I be able to pick up earlier without any issues (due to having purchased through hotwire and not the rental company)? If I book it for noon pickup, and don't arrive until 5, am I leaving money on the table and will my car still be there?

If I book it for noon pickup, and don't arrive until 5, am I leaving money on the table and will my car still be there?

As long as the rental company has cars on the lot, i don't see an issue with either scenario... but if booking for noon and not showing up until 5pm i might give the rental company a call just to let them know that you were delayed and will be arriving about 5pm (and not to treat you as a no-show). Another option would be to book the rental for 2:30pm... this way you're a bit close to the correct time regardless of which flight you ultimately receive. The only downside to this is should the rental company be busy and not have a car for you at noon (which is rare but does happen at times) then you don't have much of a case to argue since technically they have until 2:30pm (or whatever pick up time you listed) to supply you a vehicle.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]