Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco USE Sir Francis Drake

spudknut
By spudknut,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!!

Thanks for posting. Could you just clarify which zone this is in: USE or FW?

It's also interesting that i just visited this hotel's website and they show that they're sold-out for your dates (so it's odd that Priceline would have access to inventory). I'm sure everything will go smoothly, but i would advise calling the hotel to confirm your reservation and request a bed type (this is good advice regardless of hotel occupancy level).

Also, for future use, this may have been a slight over-bid as it's usually recommended that you lower your price (or keep it the same) when you lower your star rating. If you want more details you can read THIS POST.

Thanks again for sharing and thanks in advance for clarifying the zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can any of our board members that know the SF area and this hotel state whether it is in the USE or FW zone?

Thank you.

T - the hotel sits on the southeast corner of Powell and Sutter Streets.

To see where this is, look at the PL map of Union Square East, and find the green city block that is Union Square. The top (north) boundary of that square is Post Street. Go one block "up" (north) to the next street (name not given). That street is Sutter Street, and the Sir Francis Drake is at the east (right-hand) corner, the corner on the same side of Powell Street as the Square (I hope that all made sense) :)

Interesting thing - looking at the more detailed map of Union Square West, I see that the USW zone starts well to the left (west) of Powell Street. This explains why the Westin St. Francis comes up in Union Square EAST, since the Westin St. F sits on the west side of Powell directly facing Union Square .

zbenye - Oops, sorry - I started composing my message just before you posted - didn't mean to step on your response :)

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]