Priceline Hotel: Bidding too early for Clearwater Beach

fanatix
By fanatix,
in

I am interested in staying in Clearwater Beach (only interest is this zone, not surrounding ones) - 4*. $219 price retail in early November - 2 days.

I started my bidding using your PRICELINE link at $95, going in $5 increments up to $125 using rebid zones. Unfortunately, no bites.

I'm wondering if I'm too early to start bidding for early Nov. 2012 stay. I reviewed the winning bids and they seemed to vary from $95 to $125, so I think I'm in the right ballpark. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

One of the issues is that there are only two 'known' 4* hotels in this zone, so just not a lot of hotels available to accept your bid. As well, with each of the known properties currently selling at $240+ per nite for your dates, a bit of $125 might not be enough 3 months before your stay. You do you have time so you could continue to try current bidding levels and increase as you get closer to your trip, but i would consider bidding a bit higher in the nearterm ($150??) and then even higher as you get closer to check-in (assuming 'retail' rates have remained the same)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]