"Retail price" and "Place your own bid price"

pmonty
By pmonty,
in

I am looking at a relatively small town in Arizona for one night during an upcoming road trip in September. Priceline's retail page shows only one 2 1/2 star rating property and only one 2 star rating property. They also show three 1 star rating properties, and one non-rated property. Is it safe to assume if I bid for the 2 1/2 star rating and my bid is accepted I would receive a room at the 2 1/2 star rated property on their retail page? Ditto for the 2 star rating property.

If you need more information to answer my question, I am looking at Winslow, Arizona September 15, 2012, two rooms (to accommodate 4 adults) for one night.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I haven't done anything yet in regards to the Ft. Lauderdale search as April 28, 2013 is so far out I decided to wait to bid a property there, but I have decided to bid airport zone and will do so using the above PRICELINE link.

Thank you, and best of luck with this trip.

As for your trip to AZ, it looks like you are using Priceline's retail "Shop and Compare" site, but these hotels do not necessarily participate in the opaque "Name Your Own Price" (bidding) product. It's possible that you could bid and win a hotel that is not on the retail side as well. The other issue is that you have four in your party and PRICELINE only guarantees accommodations for two. It is totally possible for the hotel to upgrade you to a room to accommodate all in your party, but it is at the discretion of management and there may be an added cost.

Using HOTWIRE, you may search for a party of four. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]