Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali) Sheraton Maui Hotel

jmoosman
By jmoosman,
in

We just booked the Sheraton Maui in Kaanapali on HOTWIRE using the Betterbidding links for $189/night for 8/29-9/2. I had been watching it for a few weeks, while also making bids on Priceline, but we were most hoping to get the Sheraton so I preferred HOTWIRE. It had looked like the Sheraton for $191 for a few weeks which was our backup option, and then a few days ago disappeared and looked like the Westin for $199/night (we were panicking!). Today the Sheraton was back and even cheaper so I was done waiting for PRICELINE (I bid up to $162 last night and failed for resort in Kaanapali) and punched it. Super happy to win the Sheraton as it's by far our favorite on Kaanapali! :D

Amenities listed:

Resort

Beachfront Property

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

You should wait for the experts on here to weigh in but I thought I had read that the free parking bit means it's the Westin (assuming it still lists Smoke Free). When I had seen what I thought was the Westin it listed Free Parking and had "90% ratings" where the Sheraton listed "95% ratings" favorable. So my guess is yours is the Westin. But as I said, wait for the officials to respond. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Now my daughter broke both bones in her arm this weekend and we have to cancel our trip. Hotwire is letting us submit medical documentation to support our request for a refund. Am going to need to call Priceline for our car rental to see if there's any chance of refund. Anyone ever successful given a medical emergency? My daughter had surgery Saturday and needs to be seen every few days due to the severity of her fractures and possibility of additional surgery. So travel is not an option. We were supposed to fly to Maui in 2 days.

Thanks- I did finally get through to a person today and they *amazingly* called the doctor at Children's hospital here, verified my story while I waited on hold, and has processed my refund request. Said as long as the car isn't used (i.e. if I got someone else to take it which I don't even know how you could do that as you need ID to pick it up), I'll receive a refund 7-10 days after the end of my itinerary minus $15 cancel fee. If that isn't awesome I don't know what is!! Such a relief given our circumstances. And I really barely dared to hope that Priceline would do a thing for us.

Thanks for the help guys- I would have given up calling if it weren't for your posts about them occasionally making an exception.

Jennifer

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]